do these look completely ridiculous?

chris

They are polarizing, it's a love it or hate it thing with those shoes it seems.

I can't decide. YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!

Maybe you're the kinda guy who can pull off the craziest things. You should keep posting crazy things to see if you can pull them off. I know polio is already doing this at the WAYWT thread.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

dont leave the edges like that...right now they look like you bought some boots and thought it would be cool to chop them down. not enough thought put into the execution. that can be rectified by taking it further somehow - theres a bunch of fine ideas in this thread.

• 4 months later...

i've been meaning to post these to this thread since the beginning, but never got around to it.

967593359_8fe06a1123.jpg

967596619_6770fe7018.jpg

i bought these equestrian boots a couple years back at an estate sale for $10 but could never figure out how to wear them. they're just too high and too tight to wear realistically. should i pull a chris and cut them down to a more manageable size?

do something to the opening, fray it, i don't know. they can be saved though. i tink they looked pretty good before. if you had cut them down a little less, done it evenly and gotten side zippers they would be badass.

i dont know, realistically i dont know how you could really pull that off without looking awkward. however i do love the color and the wear and it was worth the 10 bucks to try and work with them. my final answer, tastefully slash them a few inches above the ankle

to chris: you think that'll work? they're really tight to my calves.

forget what i said then. the length and laces are heavily reminiscient to ann's slouchy boots, but that style doesnt quite mesh with that shade of brown.

i say cut high, and see how it looks. if it doesnt look too awkward, go lower.

I like the cartoon too. Have you thought about bringing them to a shoe/leatherworker? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost much to get them cleanly cut and finished.

• 6 months later...