suggest to me something other than an ipod

poly800rock

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra since late 2001.... and, I've never carried it in any sort of protective case or slipcover. Been tossing that bitch in my bag randomly for years, and she keeps turning out the same sweet, sweet sounds. Honestly, I bought a Creative player because their sound quality was ten times better to me than anything else, now I love them because their products are goddamn monsters that last like you wouldn't believe. I recommend any of Creative's players highly.

I live a life of constantly shitting on people who fall for Apple's myth-making and million-dollar ad campaigns.

buy an iriver ihp-1xx series on ebay. great deals can be had and it's a great mp3 player. my ihp-120 20 gb has held up remarkably for 3-4 years now. the series goes up to 40 gbs with the ihp-140. i know some people prefer it, but i especially like that i don't have to deal with itunes or id3 tags to organize my files and can just do file trees like on a normal hard drive. you can read more about the features in this review at cnet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_H120_20GB/4505-6490_7-30571493.

however, i would suggest not getting the newer/current hxx series as they are far inferior in quality and user compatibility.

I've had a Creative Nomad Zen Xtra since late 2001.... and, I've never carried it in any sort of protective case or slipcover. Been tossing that bitch in my bag randomly for years, and she keeps turning out the same sweet, sweet sounds. Honestly, I bought a Creative player because their sound quality was ten times better to me than anything else, now I love them because their products are goddamn monsters that last like you wouldn't believe. I recommend any of Creative's players highly.

I live a life of constantly shitting on people who fall for Apple's myth-making and million-dollar ad campaigns.

If you do buy Creative, make it quick, as they're going down the Make Cute Toys For iPods route

Why not just get a cell phone that has all those add-ons like an MP3 player...it makes sense because you would only have to carry one thing...and really who is gonna listen to a million songs. That new one by LG looks pretty nice...

Why not just get a cell phone that has all those add-ons like an MP3 player...it makes sense because you would only have to carry one thing...and really who is gonna listen to a million songs. That new one by LG looks pretty nice...

that one is for verizon, and i don't know who i hate more, verizon or apple

Check out mp3 players by Cowon ... my friend has had the same one for quite some time without any issues...if youre an audiophile theyve got you covered...the sound is as good as it gets....and theyre always making it onto top consumer rated mp3 player lists for sound and reliability

http://www.cowonamerica.com/

I was planning to get the Sony Walkman Core MP3 Player last year because it had a cool product design, however I got turned off by the reviews. Maybe they've fixed the problem now and it's worth a look.

"who's gonna listen to a million songs"

people who actually like music, not fucking dabblers. anyone with an mp3 player smaller than 30 GB's shouldn't be allowed to listen to music- but i'm just draconian like that.

Poly what's your beef with Verizon? i think they're tops- never had a problem ever with my Verizon DSL, nor my home phone service, nor my cell phone.

Check out the istation v43. I'm not sure if its available in the US market and although its limited to 30gigs, it does more shit than what an Ipod can do not to mention a much bigger screen for viewing pleasure.

At least for the models here in Korea, add on features include GPS, DMB and movie files do not need to be in that fucking Ipod format.

creative makes solid mp3 players...i have had quite a few over the years and have never had reason to complain...

i do go through mp3 players like candy though...i'll buy the newest Ipod when it comes out and sell my nano and 60 gb video when I do...

if PCs didn't completely blow I would probably have another creative, but given how much more I like apple laptops than the shit that floods the market from pc companies, I'm somewhat stuck with apple mp3 players...

people who actually like music, not fucking dabblers. anyone with an mp3 player smaller than 30 GB's shouldn't be allowed to listen to music- but i'm just draconian like that.

Poly what's your beef with Verizon? i think they're tops- never had a problem ever with my Verizon DSL, nor my home phone service, nor my cell phone.

i agree with the music comment

i've always gotten fucked with so many dropped calls with verizon.

Check out mp3 players by Cowon ... my friend has had the same one for quite some time without any issues...if youre an audiophile theyve got you covered...the sound is as good as it gets....and theyre always making it onto top consumer rated mp3 player lists for sound and reliability

http://www.cowonamerica.com/

This is all you need, the iAudio X5 is awsome.

i'd probably pick up a Cowon as well if i had to leave behind my Creative player....

EDIT: ok yeah, but then i read a CNET review where their biggest Con was the fact that you can't browse your music by artist, album, or genre. how the fuck else am i supposed to flip through 60 gigs of mp3s?

I was talking about in a small amount of time. I mean I listen to a wide variety of music but I never find the need to have over a couple hundred songs at once. All you have to do is switch the play lists, and anybody who reads this site has plenty of time to switch play lists after a few days.

I was talking about in a small amount of time. I mean I listen to a wide variety of music but I never find the need to have over a couple hundred songs at once. All you have to do is switch the play lists, and anybody who reads this site has plenty of time to switch play lists after a few days.

yeah, i suppose. i don't organize my music into playlists though. i listen to albums.

and, they're organized by artist and genre. when i want to listen to something, i think of an artist or album, find it, and press play.

not that i have anything against people who pick and choose their current favorite songs from here and there because they don't care enough about music to listen to artists that make entire albums worth listening to, but... oh wait, i kind of do.

not that i have anything against people who pick and choose their current favorite songs from here and there because they don't care enough about music to listen to artists that make entire albums worth listening to, but... oh wait, i kind of do.

...jesus christ