What's the new Cloak?

Work the raw

Or, for that matter, the old Cloak? Silly question, of course, but I'm just wondering about some other menswear brands that are comparable in terms of sleekness, slimness, general gloom-rock aesthetic, etc. I've already dropped way too much money at Cloak and, though I'm happy with every penny's worth, just trying to spread out a bit.

I'm up on Opening Ceremony & DH, obvs, just hoping to discover some potential up-and-comers or under-the-radars. Because Band of Outsiders/Rag & Bone/Margiela/Number Nine etc are really not my thing, and that's all stores that carry menswear seem to carry.

Some new Aquascutum stuff looks like it might fit the bill, but there's no place to buy it in NYC, as far as I can tell.

Well with all the collaborations Nigo decided he wanted to be a philanthropist and hooked up with the Salvation Army. Soon the Bape X Salvation Army X Red Cross hit stores and sold like hot cakes. Making a killing off of the clothes he decided to give up being a philanthropist and laughed his way to the bank. He then lived happly ever after.

The End

Raf Simons is a very good call. No one knows about anywhere to buy Aquascutum online, huh?

In the meantime I just got the Cloak F06 greaser pant, the oxblood striped shirt and the steel grey convertible collar shirt .... so I don't think I'll be spending much money on clothing anytime soon. Although their houndstooth cardigans are calling to me.

Those interested in "the new BAPE" should check out Rich Yung. Dunno if this is consistent over the whole line, but T.I. wore a hoodie of theirs in a recent Blender with this insane multicolored peacock paisley print lining.. googling for it has been inconclusive so far, but maybe you'll have better luck.

Here's the best picture of it I could find online (you can click on an expanding pop up to the right of the page):

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=1985

Doesn't quite go with my whole murderer-professor edgar allan poe look, but this one looks hot to me.

What is the greaser pant? skinny, thick material for fall. The steel grey convertible, is it a button down long sleeve? Thanks, I haven't gone in the store in 2 weeks and I'm afraid I'll be like a kid wanting candies again.

well not to stoke your addiction, but...

the greaser pant is this slim black trouser with asymmetrical flaps over the back pockets. on the front pockets there's kind of an equivalent of the thing he does on the back of his jeans, little flaps with old-school tailor-style holes (ostensibly) for gathering up excess material. no reason why they're on the front pockets other than decorative, but it's a nice detail. the finish is very very slightly shiny and the cotton is heavier stock, yeah.

the convertible shirt's a buttondown in cotton & wool (very nice for fall) that has this collar you can either wear down or pop up and, if you wish, button into almost a nehru style turtleneck... the chest pocket is a sideways handwarmer, shaped kinda like a lima bean.. all very subtle, of course, if my descriptions sound elaborate/ make no sense.

this is no surprise, but i just checked the balenciaga site and their fall stuff looks fantastic for men. coolest stuff i've seen since cloak in a loooong time. problem is it probably costs about 50% more, and cloak has already put a massive hemmorhaging hole in my bank account.

I went to old navy yesterday and got a really nice dark blue button down for about 20 dollars. It reminded me what it's like to be sane, since 15 of those don't even add up to a cloak.

damn i better start savin then. i have a feeling there'll be lots of stuff i'll want to buy for the lady friend.

One of Prokhov's former assistants already have a line for women that looks pretty good. I don't remember his name though...

Uh, I think you got it completely wrong. CN has been doing slim suits / designs for ages...

Yup, and they've kept pretty much the same proportions for ages (bigger than dior and their ilk, around the same size a Jil Sander/HL maybe slightly slimmer).

• 1 year later...
Yup, and they've kept pretty much the same proportions for ages (bigger than dior and their ilk, around the same size a Jil Sander/HL maybe slightly slimmer).

They've been fucking up the proportions recently actually.

I have a 2003/04 suit and the cut is perfect, very distinctive. Everything I've tried this year and last feels like DH but looser.

don't get a job, you'll regret it

about the topic of this conversation, honestly it's not about the brandz but what you do with it (and with yourself)

(meaningless post 2.0)