Preventing shrinkage in Raw denim

ag229487

you could just use this as an excuse to never wash your jeans.

after a few years youd have the ultimate fade going... and by that time, you wouldnt mind washing them, letting them shrink, and starting a new pair

sounds to me like you had it planned all along.. hahah

when wet, you could try hanging them with clamps with small weights on them (hang them not from the waistband, but folded so the hanger is on the top of the legs, one og those clamp hangers). you could try weighted nipple clamps or something because they have soft covered clamp parts and are heavy enough to pull, but not enough to warp. I'd think two on each leg, clamped, holding both layers together, about 1" from the edges.

I hope this makes sense.

lol exactly-

I actually called the tailor whose doing it and told them just do 1.5 inches

And to be honest I didn't really plan on washing them much at all its just if I go to a bar and they reek of smoke I was worried about smell

I figure since I usually wear a 32 length, itll shrink to the right length if i do decide to wash with a little left to flip up so they dont bleed onto my kicks

thanks for all the suggestions/info though

APC shrinkage is supposed to be minimal on the waist, maybe a bit on the length. if you're really worried about a too-short inseam you could stick to dry cleaning. dry cleaning will affect the stiffness of the denim, but should not affect the colour. my jeans got a bit fuzzy (like little hairs) after dry cleaning though.

you could just use this as an excuse to never wash your jeans.

after a few years youd have the ultimate fade going... and by that time, you wouldnt mind washing them, letting them shrink, and starting a new pair

sounds to me like you had it planned all along.. hahah

wait. he gets a perfect fade after a few years and THEN he would not mind them being too short?

AFTER they have the "ultimate fade"?

that makes no sense at all.

maybe you were joking.

i second what others have said. wash them very little and never put them in a machine or dryer, only soaking and they will be fine. if they experience some amount of shrinkage at any point you could stretch them while wet. denim is very pliable.