levi's premium skinner

youngluc

i was recently down at the outlets near me, and i noticed they had a bunch of the levi's premium skinners running around $100usd, would these be selvage? anyone have any experience or knowledge about these?

thanks

no, skinners are pretty low rise (a lot imo) and a hell of a bootcut as well, $100 is close to retail as well, retail is $110-$140 depending on washes and whatnot

i was recently down at the outlets near me, and i noticed they had a bunch of the levi's premium skinners running around $100usd, would these be selvage? anyone have any experience or knowledge about these?

thanks

no, skinners are pretty low rise (a lot imo) and a hell of a bootcut as well, $100 is close to retail as well, retail is $110-$140 depending on washes and whatnot

if you want to buy a pair of rigids, don't buy according to your waist measurement. measure at a level where you'd usually sag your pants (slightly above the pubic area i guess). my natural waist is a 28, but i'd have to buy a 31 or 32 for skinner premiums since they are low on the hip. i had a rigid 30 a while ago and they did things to my junk that no man would appreciate.

if you want to buy a pair of rigids, don't buy according to your waist measurement. measure at a level where you'd usually sag your pants (slightly above the pubic area i guess). my natural waist is a 28, but i'd have to buy a 31 or 32 for skinner premiums since they are low on the hip. i had a rigid 30 a while ago and they did things to my junk that no man would appreciate.

$100 is a bit much.

I picked up some rigid skinners (that were not selvage) for $50 bucks at American Rag in L.A.

Rise was too low and i'll have to agree with the doing things to the junk that no man would appreciate...

Keep lookin for a lower price.

$100 is a bit much.

I picked up some rigid skinners (that were not selvage) for $50 bucks at American Rag in L.A.

Rise was too low and i'll have to agree with the doing things to the junk that no man would appreciate...

Keep lookin for a lower price.

That's pretty much the reason why I didn't like how they fit. I had to go a size up on a pair when I tried them on and even then they didn't feel/look right. Not to mention the limp I developed from wearing them.

i have no idea how long i waited, but im guessing around the 6 month period i washed them in the machine in cold water. i wasnt too happy with the results so i wore them more and washed them in warmer water the next time and the lines and fading were much more pronounced.

• 7 months later...

Canon2233copy.jpg

Canon2231copy.jpg

my first pair of raw denim. i picked these up for $35 at the levis outlet about a year ago. the only thing i hate about them as you can see is the "fake" honeycombs that are on these that hit my calves. these things bled like crazy but i love the fading i got out of these and heavy denim.

i've owned 3 pairs of skinners so far, i'm on my 3rd, but i don't wear them cause they fit me like shit. the first pair i got were dry, which i had no idea of at the time i owned them (this was a good while before i knew about selvedge/raw/dry denim and the whole idea behind it, the fad was only revving up then) so i washed them after about 2 months, butthey fit amazing. 33/34, i wore them for about 3 years straight, nearly every day outside of the summer. the other two i owned were both premiums, but were nowhere nearly as good. i haven't tried any of the capital E versions, i hear they aren't as snug in the thighs as the premium kind, but levi's is catching on with the raw concept a little more (as many know, they did not capitalize on the premium denim when the fade started, so their a bit late in the game), and i'm gonna search out some since i'd really like a nice pair of selvedged skinners. i'm not a fan of my lvc 47's, i wear them maybe once a week.

here are my 2 mnths of nothing..dont even know why im posting em but i love the fit...still ill those are amazing didnt even take a pic of the front cuz no serious whiskers

Skinner1.jpg

Skinner2.jpg

Skinner3.jpg

our patches are different too........well these are my favorite fit of all time!.... i copped every style from the premium skinner line if there are any other low rise boot cuts similar to these please let me know thanks btw i only paid 50 for em