Complex streetwear and denim

digital_denim

I was studying at Borders, taking a break browsing through Compex to check out how close their trends are matching superfuture. I've noticed in every issue they have a section where they interview people on the streets. And one of the questions is how many pairs of jeans do you have. And the answer is always over 100!! Never realized how urban streetwear was soooo into denim. I don't think they would be $200 dollar japanese imports but still. Who needs 100 plus jeans.

Other interesting things in the mag:

Interview with RAIF owner of Richard Kidd.

The silliness of Urban streetwear trying to push cardigans

Section about black denim (no interesting brands, but just thought this coincided with our recent black denim obsession)

Mention of Sweatshop Labor a couple of times.

I was studying at Borders, taking a break browsing through Compex to check out how close their trends are matching superfuture. I've noticed in every issue they have a section where they interview people on the streets. And one of the questions is how many pairs of jeans do you have. And the answer is always over 100!! Never realized how urban streetwear was soooo into denim. I don't think they would be $200 dollar japanese imports but still. Who needs 100 plus jeans.

Other interesting things in the mag:

Interview with RAIF owner of Richard Kidd.

The silliness of Urban streetwear trying to push cardigans

Section about black denim (no interesting brands, but just thought this coincided with our recent black denim obsession)

Mention of Sweatshop Labor a couple of times.

three guys interviewed all with over a 100 pairs. Same thing in other issues. Now kicks I can understand, it's easy to accumulate over a 100 pairs of shoes.

Really short interview of Raif. Basically, he wears either black or white, talked about his store. And the one interesting part, he said he hated TR jeans, then complex asked if he was over it. He then says he was never into it, and talks about how the back pocket designs on guys are soo wrong.

three guys interviewed all with over a 100 pairs. Same thing in other issues. Now kicks I can understand, it's easy to accumulate over a 100 pairs of shoes.

Really short interview of Raif. Basically, he wears either black or white, talked about his store. And the one interesting part, he said he hated TR jeans, then complex asked if he was over it. He then says he was never into it, and talks about how the back pocket designs on guys are soo wrong.

there was also a short article about japanese streetwear brands that might blow up in the states ("post bape".

i think they mentioned devilock, bal, and a few others.

there was also a short article about japanese streetwear brands that might blow up in the states ("post bape".

i think they mentioned devilock, bal, and a few others.

Let's say those jeans cost at least $100(because I dont think someone whos into jeans that much would settle for cheaper crappier brands). Thats $100,000 I could have used to invest in something or even a house in some crappier parts of the country. Wow, 100 pairs.

100 pairs of jeans at $100 each isn't $100,000. 100 pairs of jeans at $1000 each is $100,000 dollars. Say it out loud, one hundred thousand dollars.

At $100 each it's $10,000. Buy you a reasonable used car if you shop carefully or make the start of a good nest egg, but won't buy a house. Still a lot of cash on jeans.

Let's say those jeans cost at least $100(because I dont think someone whos into jeans that much would settle for cheaper crappier brands). Thats $100,000 I could have used to invest in something or even a house in some crappier parts of the country. Wow, 100 pairs.

100 pairs of jeans at $100 each isn't $100,000. 100 pairs of jeans at $1000 each is $100,000 dollars. Say it out loud, one hundred thousand dollars.

At $100 each it's $10,000. Buy you a reasonable used car if you shop carefully or make the start of a good nest egg, but won't buy a house. Still a lot of cash on jeans.