Anybody familiar with a canon rebel xt? help...!

surri

im having some difficulty with my rebel xt....everytime i take a picture with the flash on, its just so goddammmn bright when i stand close to the subject. How do i reduce the power of the flash so I dont have to keep changing the settings of the camera. I have used the regular automatic mode (Green Rectangle) and its just still too bright. Im not sure what to do. When I turn the lights off around me and take the picture its crazy bright and when i do turn the lights on its even worse. Tuning the photos on photoshop make the pictures look like shit. Help me out....

You could try holding a piece of white paper infront of it, or some white semi transparent plastic.. If you ever get an external flash i would recommend that you also get an omnibounce, like this one: http://www.digicamshop.nl/images/product/image.php?id=7628

-Moz-

or wrap a tissue over the flash..your best bet is to get an external flash like Moz had recommended. if not you'll just have to deal with the excess amount of light.

You could try holding a piece of white paper infront of it, or some white semi transparent plastic.. If you ever get an external flash i would recommend that you also get an omnibounce, like this one: http://www.digicamshop.nl/images/product/image.php?id=7628

-Moz-

or wrap a tissue over the flash..your best bet is to get an external flash like Moz had recommended. if not you'll just have to deal with the excess amount of light.