Adjusting the "seat" on jeans

rirawin

Is it possible to adjust the "seat" area of the jeans, i.e. the back rise, as I have a pair of jeans which basically, when put on, looks like I've pooped my pants. The harsh realities of being East Asian and having no arse. I figure I need to take about an inch off near where the back bit meets the crotch bit underneath - if that makes sense.

If it is possible, would it screw up the general look of the jean? or is it quite a safe procedure if given to a skilled tailor?

Guest Fade to Black
seriously, you got the wrong size, sell them and buy your correct size. These will only make you unhappy and you will never be able to wash them.

yeah i agree with this. If it bothers you a lot and you gotta make constant changes until it no longer resembles the original garment, i don't think it's worth the frustration, especially if the results don't end up like you wanted.

You have a point... ahh Supermarket here I come.

By the way nice blog you have there.

good, hope you get a pair that you like! I think you'd like the LVC 1967 505, they are the slimmest and taper all the way, and have a very slight antifit IMO. The denim is only about 12.5oz though but there still nice, not as nice as real japanese though, and the denim is not as colorfast.

You could buy S0505XX which is Samurai's repro of the same jeans, they dont fit exactly the same though, but that could be because I tried on a different size in the LVC's(31) and wear 30 in the Samurai's. My sammies are a bit tighter.

Anyway, the differences was that the seat was looser on the LVC's and my sammies dont taper as much, but the difference in the seat could definitely be because of the larger size and the tapering could be because I hemmed my 505's to 31 from 36, which make the leg opening bigger, and the LVC's were 34L.

You could also get pretty much any slim fitting pair of Japanese jeans, they are mostly straightleg but you can have them tapered on the inseam for a small sum because they dont have felled inseams, so it's easy to do.

thanks!