your fall basics and must haves for 06

jo3 b

just wondering what everyones currently planning on.

im assuming for must jeans is a given so we'll keep that aside in this thread...lets stick to other forms of clothing, as some of you may not know, there is such thing.

anyway.

i want:

a deep purple and hunter green polo

a new grey crew neck sweatshirt

*cheating* new standards in their grey wash

a couple of basic colored henleys.

a pair of low top black sneakers...either sambas or clydes, still unsure.

and i want a new softshell, (arcteryx)

of course im not predicting everythign im going to buy this fall, but those are my basics and must haves

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plaid thing is way too "fad"-ey here in So-Cal, don't know about elsewhere.

Basics:

I think this year I'm going to go with nice-preppy with a little bit of street flair. Still not sure how I'm gonna work this, but I'll need the following in my arsenal:

- White Cotton Oxfords

- Blue Linen Button-Ups

- Solid Polos

- Pleated Pants

- Etc... and some more AA shirts

also, I'm not going to, but I'm on the verge of committing crimes to get a pair of Alfredo Bannisters.

^^ Not for here. Stripes is what's really "fad"-ey here right now. What I'm really wanting right now...

brown and/or green M-65

some more buffalo plaid longsleeve button-ups and/or hoodies

crewnecks

more plain black and white t-shirts

more boxers and socks

thermal tops for the winter

a nice coat like this for the winter

... and I'm still after a black pair of the Visvim x Mastermind Japan Kiefer Hi's in my size.

stripes def seem to be a fad. at least really thick ones.

imo, thin to moderate sized stripes are classic,

i agree with the plaid, in moderation.

and i have a question. AA is horrible quality, and very expensive for what it is.

why do you guys buy it?

and i have a question. AA is horrible quality, and very expensive for what it is.

why do you guys buy it?

I was in AA the other day ready to buy some plain t's and thermals, then I remembered how shitty their tops fit after washing and drying. So I said fuck that. Plus I remembered that I could get AA stuff for cheaper here if I really wanted some.

I have yet to have any probs with AA, but maybe I'm easy on my clothes.

What I am thinking:

Nudie SSK, or Denim birds super tigts

I want a morphine generation hoodie

A nice heavy duty pair of boots

a new pair of pumps

and a pair of trouser style jeans, prob black.

I want:

a pair of Acne jeans Mods from a year ago, if I can find them anywhere (unlikely!)

A Comme des Garcons zip wallet in green

a knockoff red and green Gucci web belt

Probably a few Nice Collective jackets and sweaters, if they don't look identical to the (many) ones I already own

A new black scarf

A new brown belt (thinking Billy Kirk)

Some new grey and black crewneck sweaters with cool detailing

A nubby camel sweater

A sweater vest (what do you guys think? Feeling this? I kind of am, although every fiber of my being cries out against it)

A gold calculator watch

Also, I'll probably knuckle under and buy an AA neon-colored tee to wear under sweaters. I agree with other posters who find that the fit and finish blow after being in the dryer. The color always looks terrific brand new, but three washes later I can only wear them under a sweater or shirt or something. Wack.

here is how i justify AA clothing: i get that shit for free, i think i'm one of very few people out there paying for what its actually worth.

if you are paying more than $3 per shirt, you're losing money.

and yeah, don't dry in the drier, just wash the shirt and throw it out on the grass in your backyard for the rest of the day.

thats what i do, but i have yet to wash my henleys so i can totally see those fucking up

I just ordered this Pointer coat yesterday for a waxed denim coat project. It's my main project for the fall.

pointercoat.jpg

I'm going to get this new briefcase/bag for school though probalby not until later this fall.

Scholar-Whis.jpg

New loafers maybe, but maybe not until spring, want but cannot justify.

420-BRN.jpg

I also need a new hoodie/track jacket. I'm still undecided on this one but I'm going to get one by the time it gets cold. So here in Texas that means about December. Stupid Texas.

Guest Fade to Black

Not much change in my wardrobe, my style is pretty static at this point...

but for basics i'll be wearing more often:

- Black wool gabardine Yohji Yamamoto trousers...they were a pretty good deal bought at the Aoyama boutique and i think they'll be a good alternative to jeans, worn with a blazer or overcoat for a look inspired by the master himself.

- A heavy tailored blazer for fall but not quite winter weather...Number (N)ine had some nice outerwear with interesting details for this season. Pretty pricey though, so i'll probably be breaking out my Y's gabardine blazer from last fall for every day wear.

- More black knitwear...dior homme's black cardigan is simple and clean enough to be worn with dark denims and white sneakers, that's basically gonna be my staple look: black cardigan, white shirt, maybe a tie, dark denims and white sneakers. Maybe I'll buy a v-neck sweater since i've never owned one of those.

i'd also like a better winter jacket...my chunky prada sport from over half a decade ago is really starting to wear out, and now that i'm almost out of college maybe something more refined and tailored should start entering the picture. Yohji Yamamoto would have some nice overcoats i'd want for sure...

snoopy style leather flight cap

if you find a well fitting one, i think this could look preposterously fresh

i'm looking for some cardigans with character

example

incidentally i've wanted the 40501s since just about forever

i'd like to pick them up at BIG, but from what i hear that's the place for just about everything but canes

and shirts to layer that are low enough to show some collarbone

^ Skull Jeans bowling bag, MacPro, and an Aston Volante... strange combo, but would somehow not be out of place if you lived in Japan, haha.

My style doesn't change much either, but for fall I will probably be doing the Dior raws and APC's til I get sick of them, white sneakers, cardigans and t-shirts of all sorts, and thin crewneck longsleeve shirts and jumpers with thin stripes. I have APC's French military field coat in khaki, and I just got that black APC M-65 so I'm set for casual outers til it gets cold, maybe December here.

Stuff I'm still looking to get to round it out:

-a couple Dior skinny ties for those kinda days, maybe an off-white one and another color. I would like those white skinny suspenders from S/S06 but haven't seen them around.

-Looking for that 'D' logo buckle Dior belt from S/S05, preferably brown or black leather, but if I find the yellow or tan nylon versions, would go for them too

-That tan leather Atelier LaDurance belt

-a black blazer, probably will go to Tokyo or Osaka sometime soon and look for one. Maybe Mister Hollywood, Nai-chi-chi, Lad, something like that.

-That thin striped black/white scarf from DH F/W06

-some slim leather shoes of some sort, probably will look for something in Japan. Maybe some Repettos or something of the sort.

-some new jewelry, maybe will get that custom-made locally.

this fall i will be wearing alot of...

canes

french field jacket

vintage western shirts

vintage boots

vintage hoodies(nike, stussy, plain heather grey)

scars, cuts, scrapes, and bruises.

im gonna walk with a limp

vintage lacoste deep v cableknit sweater

smiles

Ok, I don't know how the hell you guys post pictures that arent links, so here is just a list.

Alfredo Bannister boots in a brownish greenish color

Nudie BO Dry Muchacho sized up one

Nudie RR Blue Black one wash or some much more expensive japanese overdyed sulfur jeans or whatever they are that people are always talking about (probly samurais)

Various AA Vneck and regular t's and thermals in many darker colors + white

Skull Jeans wallet

Levis dry trucker denim jacket, on its way from yoox

One more pair of vans sk8 hi