Post Your Leather Creations.

Lotus Cowboy

Hello Gents,

This is my first time posting in this forum. I just want to say i'm amazed at the beautiful pieces you've all created!

I was hoping someone could share with me a stockist/agent that sells shell cordovan to the general public. I've tried may avenues to find this information on my own with no replies/luck from anyone i contact. Thanks in advance!

B.C. 

JanC, the shell that I have is about 4oz thick. Blue Collar, I've tried contacting several dealers and I got the same response. The closest I could get is from Eric at TanneryRow and they asked me to check back in a year :(

Since Tannery Row IS Horween...that probably means nobody will have any handy for some time.

I'm sorry....how do you charge people for this stuff? there is almost no attention to detail, the craftsmanship is horrid and you don't even take the time to burnish your edges. I'm not even speaking for this specific wallet, but almost everything you have posted in this thread. I may be hated for saying this, but someone has to say it. your skill set has not improved whatsoever in the past year or so.

Here’s a wallet I recently did – nothing spectacular but I think it turned out pretty cool!

62BAB107-2203-4214-8229-62083402CA80_zps

That looks great. How are you doing the rolled edges (leather weight, method, etc)? And those rolled handles look good too.

just a folded piece of leather in between the layers of the seam. The leather is all 5oz, so the seams are very nice and stiff with the piping. 6 layers of leather for most of the courier bag, haha.

I'm sorry....how do you charge people for this stuff? there is almost no attention to detail, the craftsmanship is horrid and you don't even take the time to burnish your edges. I'm not even speaking for this specific wallet, but almost everything you have posted in this thread. I may be hated for saying this, but someone has to say it. your skill set has not improved whatsoever in the past year or so.

JSkillZ

Your comment was incorrect, rude and unappreciated.

FB,

Thanks for your chivalric comments! But JSkillZ has a right to his/her opinion just like any other a-hole on the internet! I'm waiting anxiously for all the awesome pieces he/she will likely start posting soon! I'm sure Nick Horween will personally box the shell cordovan himself for all the rad stuff coming our way!

JSkillZ ,

If you're ever in western NC be sure to hit me up - I've got many happy customers I'd like for you to meet and share your opinions with...

this was my first attempt at leatherworking, i posted in the superdenim leather thread over the weekend. i definitely just made it on a whim, and obviously before i discovered the leather PYC thread and this continuation. luckily i have some left over leather to tackle wallet mkII this weekend!

pfHBDHe.jpg?1

X-post from the belts thread:

Don't even get me started on belts. I kinda have a problem...  :)

Here's what I've been rocking lately:

Picture2_zpsd171f04f.png

13 oz. stripey Hermann Oak harness leather, brass hardware w/ matte nickel finish. Right at 1/4" (7 mm) thick. Love this belt. (I make em.)

(Those are 3W 1220FI's, at 1 year of daily wear. 1 soak, 2 washes.) 

made a little dice case a few days ago

a8759bbc946a11e383c00efc39c3a684_8.jpg

still one of the first things i've made and it was more just a try at seeing if it'd even work out.  Going to try to make a nicer one now that i know where certain things went wrong and will be using a different leather