Shrinking the Leather Patch...

mickawes

So its been a few months since I washed my RR Greycasts for the first time, and although they lose tons of color with each wear now, they are really starting to stink! In thinking about washing and what I could do to fuck these jeans up, I remembered a pair of prewashed levis that a friend of mine has.

Theyre LVC, I think theyre the 1895ish ones with the cinch, one back pocket and no belt loops. Anyway, the leather patch on that one is teeny weeny, and it scrunched all the denim down with it when it shrunk. He worked for levis as a sales rep, but was a denimhead, and his best guess was that the patch shrunk due to it being saturated and then baked in an oven.

Now onto my question... What can I do to shrink the patch? What shrinks leather? Would tossing it in an oven to dry do anything? Do you think they used chemicals?

The Nudie patch is too massive (and looks brand new) so I wanna do somehting to make it look a bit more worn in.

Lemme know what you guys think...

spray paint it black...or sandpaper it...or use a metal filer and roughen it up a bit...it might look totally shitty...or it might look kickass....theres only one way to find out

...if i were you tho, id leave it until your jeans fade..then remove the stitching around it..and youll have a dark blue patch of denim there...looks better than that heinous Nudie branding..