Rock Stars and Nudies

digital_denim

Maybe the rock star saw them in Selfridges or some other trendy shop in London and bought them. I know that Orlando Bloom has some unwashed nudies that he wears sometimes, and the singer from Kaiser Chiefs has some dry slim jims.

I dont think that Nudie is sponsoring them. Besides, if you were a rich ass rock star (or a rock star stylist), what would you buy? Armani or D&G? Heeeeeell no, youd want something that all the kids could relate to.

Getting em while theyre young, thats what they do... Its like the cigarette industry. Truth baby, Truth.

Just came back from Bloc Party concert, and saw the lead singer wearing some washed Nudies. Couldn't tell what cut they were. But I have seen other rock stars with Nudies, i guess that is the image the company wants to project?

the san francisco one with broken social scene?

I remember seeing Jimmy Fallon wearing a pair in Taxi with Queen Latifah.

Its the scene where they first meet int he taxi and hes sticking his ass in her face. Boom, Nudie wave.

But I think most movie stars have personal sylists that dress them/buy stuff for them.

Guest Fade to Black

Jimmy Fallon strikes me as someone who is styled rather than dresses himself...

Jude Law got some nice gear and coordinates it well, but apparently i heard he is styled as well.

but i digress...

well, i think real musicians would dress themselves. But if you were in a boyband or even something like AFI, or My Chemical Romance, or an actor then you might actually have someone dress you because you're so worried about marketing and demographics, image etc...

A little off topic, but the only thing AFI and My Chemical Romance have in common is looking fruity. The former have been around forever and paid their dues. The latter most likely are that wack. But AFI dress themselves, for better or worse ;)

the whole Franz Ferdinand band should be roped in to do advertising for Dior. they're real sharp.

on the contrary, no, that would kill their music. forget Dior.

Actually Franz Ferdinand is sponsored/dressed by the French brand April 77 (www.april77.fr). I just heard this one boutique by me will start stocked April 77 in the fall...it's a lot cheaper than DH, and I can't wait! Also, the only good Bloc Party song is Banquet...

I know that Gerard Way from MCR has Van Heusen suit jackets. Saw it in a magazine. There you go. Does anyone know anything about Panic! At the Disco's clothes? Theyre crazy. Oh man...I sound like Carson Daly.... I feel like I need a chemical shower now.

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen them twice (since I live in Denmark), they're fantastic every time. Didn't think they were big outside Denmark/UK though.

mew is f'in dope live, seen them a couple of times. they're rather big elsewhere in scandinavia too.