info on 5ep?

machineo

google showed me a couple of old SF posts about 5 easy peices, but nobody has really said anything on how well they fit or fade. according to an old post, theyre all 1 wash, and resin coated. so would these still be taken cared for like any dry pair? and

how does 5ep denim compare to that used by the other japanese lines? any input would be greatly appreciated.

From what I know, 5EP comes in a raw, a onewash (resin) and a distressed/worn. They make both straight cut and a boot cut, although the boot cut is practically straight legged unlike a typical boot cut. The main difference is that the boot cut fits tight whereas the straight cut is roomier and fits similar to a 1947 repro. Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the two until you look at the fly. The boot cut has a button fly and the straight uses a zipper fly. Inseams come in 32 and 34.

The one wash (resin) is quite stiff and incredibly dark so they can be taken care of just like a dry pair. Expect minimal shrinkage from them + they can be worn without washing frequently so they will break in and fade over time much like raws.

I've only come across 5EPs made from Japanese denim and made in Japan, so you can expect the same kind of quality as many Japanese brands.

Some pics of the one wash (resin).

5EPfront01.jpg

5EPback01.jpg

5EPfront02.jpg

5EPback02.jpg

I have a pair of the one wash straight leg.

The denim is the best quality I have seen - super dark and takes ages to fade, but looks amazing.

i've soaked them once and they changed v little, but i say go for it - highly recommended

I have a pair of the straight leg raw. They fit very similarly to any 1947 repro (high waist, straight and wider than more modern cuts, i.e. new standards), except of course for the zip fly and the wrangler style coin pocket and rivets. Have had them for five months wearing four times a week; washed initially as a soak to get rid of any shrinkage (very little, probably only an inch in waist and an inch and a half in length), and once more at about three months. They are just starting to fade now! these take a long time to break in, but be patient, the denim stays very dark, and fades with a slightly greenish tone and sutble vertical streaking. I will be posting these on here in a few months time (maybe sooner); by then i figure they will really be something special.

When i bought mine, i do was deterred by the lack of information on the fading of these jeans, particularly on this forum. Have no fear, they are keepers. The denim itself is actually very similar to 45 rpm denim (right down to the ecru-less selvage), not sure if anyone else has noticed that.

I have a pair of the straight leg resin wash and I will add that the denim is very dense and compact-feeling, and the color is extremely deep and beautiful. The detailing is very good; this is a quality product throughout. Because of the dark stitching on the back pocket and fly, these look a little different than other repros, and are maybe a little dressier-looking.

does anyone have a picture of them wearing the 47 repro cut? still new to denim and i havent had enough time to read through each cut difference on historypreservation and i pretty much lack the knowledge to fully comprehend what i would have read. and how is their consistency of tagged size vs. true?

does anyone have a picture of them wearing the 47 repro cut? still new to denim and i havent had enough time to read through each cut difference on historypreservation and i pretty much lack the knowledge to fully comprehend what i would have read. and how is their consistency of tagged size vs. true?

Here's a pic I happen to have... it doesn't really show the anti-fit seat. The seat and thighs are cut loose.

011706_IMG_1114.jpg

i have been wearing a pair of the boot cut resin since march now. the quality is top notch with nice details...felled inseems, nice hardware, wrangler-style coin pocket, made in japan with japanese selvedge. the denim is dyed beautifully and there is chain stitching throughout. it is true that the denim is woven very tightly, they take a while to wear in, and that they stretch and dont shrink much. yes swisloc, i have definitely noticed the similarity to 45rpm denim.

the fit varies depending on what size you buy and how you want them to look. i bought mine tight and look much different than those who wear them loose or "relaxed". im pretty sure that though the straight cut is similar to the 1947, it is not a repro. also, if you want more info, email the designers themselves. they reply quickly and are happy to help. you can find their adresses on the website.