Levis S501XX

emaze

I bought these from the now defunct (Levis) Selvedge store on Mulberry street. I also know Atrium (NYC) carried these too. They are Levis LVC S501XX that came in an aluminum lunch box. Limited run of 250. With painted red accurates on the back pockets. The have a plaid pink checked pattern on the inside pockets. Also there is a bit of a destroyed look on the left hand side on the top of the jeans. The tag says W32 L34, but I'm a size 30 and I would say it feels more of like a 29... Does anyone know anymore info/history behind these? I was just curious...Thanks!

patch300rn6.jpg

back300zp7.jpg

front300jr1.jpg

pocket300ui3.jpg

number300qj2.jpg

Numbered on the inside pocket... 241 of 250

this was the 'limited edition' jean from the US wing of LVC made for the Fall/Winter 2003 collection if I'm not mistaken. One of the nicer 'finished' jeans from LVC in my opinion, and I think the last time the 1944 style was available in the US...all of the quirks (ie, painted arcuates, printed pocket material, etc) were a reflection of the restrictions placed on manuf. goods during WWII. I tried these on at Selvedge and I'm now kicking myself for not getting them, even though I prefer 'rigid' jeans...very well done

edit...the name of the jean was 'rust and blue'

Thanks Shorty for the info:

Originally I had bought these at Atrium & did a lay away plan. Then ran over to Selvedge and found that they were selling them too! Needless to say I bought a pair from Selvedge which fit me much better then the ones on lay away at atrium... I ended up taking pic's of the jeans and selling them on ebay. Luckily someone bought them off of ebay, and I was able to cover the ones on lay away at Atrium, which I shipped out...

I love these jeans!!! & RIP Selvedge... damn I miss that store! (chip N' pepper is now there...eek!)

yes...i miss selvedge too...they always had the full stash of LVC...i dread going to the Levi store on Broadway...i'm working on a pair of deadstock/'rigid' 44s and hopefully they'll look as good as those in a year or two...

thanks for sharing...

ps- i've seen one or two pairs of this particular jean sell for way above retail on ebay...very rare

The levis store on Broadway is a nightmare... I've given up with that place. Although I did happen to walk by and run in one day. & I picked up a nice Andy Warhol cut off denim vest/jacket. But besides that I'm all over my friends store Blue & Green. (was in there the other day when Daryl from Run DMC walked in)

I can only hope that the customers/zombies from the Bape store don't trickle down to Blue & Green...