do you exercise to wear your jeans faster?

just wondering if im the only one. like yesterday, i wanted to skate at the skatepark. insted of driving, i rode my bike 10 miles there and 10 miles back, just to get some good wear. it worked too! anyone else do this?

I've not tried that but i bet your jeans will start to smell abit.......and u wouldnt be washing the jeans for months i guess.......

So why don't just wear it for daily purposes?:)

i wear them all the time unless they are soaking wet from sweat. im also washing them regularly because of this. see pics after one month in the evo thread.

oh... and skateboarding is a daily thing for me, so is riding my bike... just not to that extent. i do try to skate at least 1-2 hours a day.

I recently started using a pair of RRDS that I took out of my rotation (bought them too large) to do my nightly jog :P People look at you kinda of weird though, running a track with jeans on...

Yeah, basketball in jeans is a bit much for me. I can imagine skating and riding though (bike messengers who wear raw denim get incredible results). As for your original question, I've never exercised in jeans... but it definitely helps wearing them in faster from the pics that I've seen.

I recently started using a pair of RRDS that I took out of my rotation (bought them too large) to do my nightly jog :P People look at you kinda of weird though, running a track with jeans on...

i ride my bike in my jeans, ive played a little casual ultimate frisbee in jeans, i could imagine playing basketball in jeans (but not real intensely/competitively) but i can't imagine running any kind of distance in jeans... especially now (its damn hot out), that would be so uncomfortable and i sweat like crazy when i run

But, maybe i could use my nudie long johns in place of my running tights during the winter months.

I am definitely active in my raw jeans, but I would say I draw the line at more intense cardio (i.e. I will hike in them, but not run) as I am a sweaty bastard and I'm pretty sure the jeans would become untenable after a few runs, even with the benefits of an ionizer...

on a side note I blundered into some poison ivy in my SC Okinawas a week ago and now am trying to decide whether or not to wash them (at 3.5 months with no washing and one soak). damn the poison ivy!!!

The ones I run with, I actually don't use for anything else. So they are generally only worn for about an hour a day and then they air out the rest of the time. Only been a week or so, but they don't really stink yet.

ive done a few bikerides in my jeans mainly for breaking them in

but wear your jeans

dont think about them

if your going to bike to the skate park, do it for the exercise, and have the fact that your wearing your jeans be just a concidence.

It is never a coincidence that I am wearing jeans. I do it everyday. It would be a coincidence if I was wearing shorts or chinos or something of the sort.

on a side note I blundered into some poison ivy in my SC Okinawas a week ago and now am trying to decide whether or not to wash them (at 3.5 months with no washing and one soak). damn the poison ivy!!!

a few weeks ago i went for a 10 mile hike in my SJ greycasts. Next day i woke up and had chiggers like crazy around my ankles! I thought at first i should wash the jeans because probably they were infested with the little insects, but i just let it go and for the next day or so i got a few more chiggers, but now im sure theres no more of them clinging to my jeans.

Of course, different than poison ivy, but id say wear them for a few days and see how it goes.

Also, theres a pretty nice paved bike path not to far from my house, so i go rollerblading on it once a week or so... seems to be pretty good for breaking in jeans, but without destroying the seat like riding a bike can do, but it doesnt really get the wear in the knee area like pedaling will.

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

I ride my bike regularly in my jeans, not exactly sure if it helps that much but... I do it regardless.

I actualloy got on my bike for the first time this year the second day I had my SC 47s so that they'd loosen up a bit (worked really well). Now I go like once or twice a week for a leisurely ride, but if I'm seriously exercising I put the jeans away.

just wondering if im the only one. like yesterday, i wanted to skate at the skatepark. insted of driving, i rode my bike 10 miles there and 10 miles back, just to get some good wear. it worked too! anyone else do this?

you're not alone. been thinking of doing a hiking-by-bike-in-the-woods-weekend, just for the wear, bringing only food and a knife or something, having to make shelter cutting down wood, crawling around on the ground etc. :) i used to take walks in the woods and climb big rocks with my previous pair of jeans, until i saw tracks of some big animal (bear i think) so i got the f outta there. (COULD have been a dog, so i might have to go out there again. hehe.) risky business this wear thing. could get some nice claw marks perhaps:)

i hate it when, on rare occations, you're not wearing your jeans (like yesterday when i was playing tennis with a friend in extreme heat) and then you have to climb stuff and jump fences and such. the first thing that i think about is the wear i'm missing out on. :)

I have exercised hard my whole life and now I just keep to a nice serene 1 hour walk every evening after work. I have been known to do it in the clothes that I worked in which includes my jeans most days. Anything more active than that and I sweat like a preacher in a crap game so I would have to wash everytime I wear them. The one exception is my canes that I wear to my second job at the laundrymat and there I SWEAT-O-PLENTY and they have definately taken on an unwholesome smell albeit some very interesting wear.

yeah, i sweat alot here in the florida heat(which isnt as bad as the rest of you poor souls here in america,) so i have had to wash every week or so. i mean sweat to the point that the jeans are dripping when im done skating. has caused some crazy wear in a short amount of time, and now we will have documentation of selvage denim that has been washed regularly.

Run, skate,bike, jump, skip, hop, or just sit around cross legged playin xbox anything will do as long as your in your jeans. I just get pissed when they start to stink cause of the summer heat.sucks

I've been doing some construction work with my Edwins on (after I messed them up building skateboards). Carrying heavy stuff and crawling in the ground. Never washed, but already holes and shit. Been skating with them too and thats hard for the back pockets (being old lazy bastard like me).

its the only reason i am active at all.

what cant denim do?

i do. i go to the gym in them, treadmill, cycle and so forth. it helped wear the crap out of the crotch though, so i had to repair my imperials, badly.

This is VERY true. Cycling will wear the crotch area really fast. My LVCs and APCs are both very worn due to pretty heavy biking. Neither need to be repaired yet, but I wonder if the accelerated wear is worth the damage.