best waywt pics

Still, it's gotta look pretty cool even with the wear 'n tear.

its not even that beat up. there's a few breaks in the leather and it could use some professional cleaning. its a beautifully made piece of furniture. still is the classist motherfucker in the house and we don't even utilize it all that much.

my grandpa had good taste. all i can say.

Word up. Gramps did have some good taste; It's an iconic piece....One of those pieces that got me into furniture design.

haha, you would die if you knew what he sold and gave to galleries before i was even born and when my dad was but a child...

i'll tell you - this was one of a couple of eames pieces he owned over his 94 years. its ridiculous what good taste my gramps had. all around. when he died, all his custom suits had to go somewhere. man, i'll tell you, he was quite the baller in his day, haha. these suits are still fresh, and some are as old as 40-some odd years!

the chair is fucking cool, but so underused in my home. it needs to be repaired (leather is cracking, chair is pretty old. ~40-some-odd years)

My favouritest pieces of furniture of all time. I lusted after the lounge & ottoman for the longest time. Then actually sat in one. :( I still can't get over it.

i'll tell you - this was one of a couple of eames pieces he owned over his 94 years. its ridiculous what good taste my gramps had. all around. when he died, all his custom suits had to go somewhere. man, i'll tell you, he was quite the baller in his day, haha. these suits are still fresh, and some are as old as 40-some odd years!

sounds like my gramps, theres a Lounge still sitting in his old apartment which we've kept so far. I've made plans on bringing the chair home one day but my apartment needs some organizing before I can fit it here.. apparently he was really into old designs like Eames classics and such, I remember finding 4 Barcelona chairs when cleaning an old garage of his a few years ago.

haha holy shit, jeepster my mother collects eames furniture and has that exact same chair in the living room, ottoman and all. oh and your grandfather had some cool ass taste, if you don't mind, what'd he do for a living?

OBGYN / naval doctor, served on a battleship during WWII, stationed in the north atlantic. when he came home, he taught at hofstra, started a family, became a full-on OBGYN, worked until he was comfortable, retired/collected art & other assorted ballin' stuff.