worst (sufu) waywt fits

You, on the other hand, are a 17 y/o living in a Philly suburb, what the fuck would you know about anything except Philly steaks?

Um, don't you run stylezeitgeist or something? You guys have ENTIRE THREADS dedicated to 'oh people misunderstand our aesthetic' filled with you and other people whining about persecution.

Pot, kettle, black.

243eu8h.jpg

got this jacket at a thrift store

playing dress up

Sorry mrip, but that's too bootylicious for you I think. :(

Um, don't you run stylezeitgeist or something? You guys have ENTIRE THREADS dedicated to 'oh people misunderstand our aesthetic' filled with you and other people whining about persecution.

Pot, kettle, black.

1) I don't run stylezeitgeist but I'm friends with the person who does and a variety of the people who post there (in real life). On the other hand I also know a bunch of Sufuers so whatever.

2) I certainly don't participate in threads regarding how people don't understand my aesthetic (I don't dress "gothninja" anyway) so why the fuck would you mention that?

3) Where I to comment on other people's outfits and general style it would be done from a position of knowledge so I don't see where the comparison lays. It's great that the internet allows everyone to post opinions and act like they know fashion and the garments worn by everyone else but only a handful of posters actually see the garments in person and have an educated opinion about the whole thing. I doubt haploid is one of them.

3) Where I to comment on other people's outfits and general style it would be done from a position of knowledge so I don't see where the comparison lays. It's great that the internet allows everyone to post opinions and act like they know fashion and the garments worn by everyone else but only a handful of posters actually see the garments in person and have an educated opinion about the whole thing. I doubt haploid is one of them.

Really? Like, I can't take a photo of somebody's outfit and say whether or not I like it?

Look, if you have to "develop a taste" for something to "truly appreciate it", chances are you are a very gullible fucker. I know that his outfit looks ridiculous, even when it is put in context, and the fact that he has a rationalization for every single critique shows that he has forced himself to "develop a taste" for the clothing he claims to be interested in. If everything he was wearing cost 15$, would he buy it? Of course not. He is attracted to the aura of wearing such bizarre pieces rather than the pieces themselves.

And for the record, that so-called-insult regarding cheesesteaks? Completely irrelevant and not witty in the least. How would you like me saying; "You don't understand workwear, after all you're just a dirty Frenchman. What the fuck would you know about besides being an elitist prick?" No. Keep that shit off this forum.

This argumentation is flawed. Not thoroughly convincing enough. got lost trying to relate being gullible to developing a taste. Your gonna have to do better against fumma. try this again and tie everything up to each other.

Look, if you have to "develop a taste" for something to "truly appreciate it", chances are you are a very gullible fucker.

there's music you ca hear years ago and never think worthwhile, and rediscover it to find you suddenly enjoy it. taste does develop with experience, in out-there fashion as it does with abstract music or art.

if i saw him on the street, provided he's cool and carries himself well, i'd think he dresses well and possibly point him out to my friends (in a positive way). it's not for the vast majority of people, but i think weird gothninja shit does have a place in everyday life.

It all comes down to priorities. I don´t need to own 40 pairs of shoes, when I have 10 pairs that does fill every need I have. That´s why I can spend a grand on each pair if I did want to. Photo link broken, I can take constructive criticism , but I draw the line at "Bizzaro Emo smurf with poor posture".

if you have 10 grand worth of shoes... you have too much disposable income.

Look, if you have to "develop a taste" for something to "truly appreciate it", chances are you are a very gullible fucker. I know that his outfit looks ridiculous, even when it is put in context, and the fact that he has a rationalization for every single critique shows that he has forced himself to "develop a taste" for the clothing he claims to be interested in. If everything he was wearing cost 15$, would he buy it? Of course not. He is attracted to the aura of wearing such bizarre pieces rather than the pieces themselves.

And for the record, that so-called-insult regarding cheesesteaks? Completely irrelevant and not witty in the least. How would you like me saying; "You don't understand workwear, after all you're just a dirty Frenchman. What the fuck would you know about besides being an elitist prick?" No. Keep that shit off this forum.

So you were born knowing everything you ever will and liking everything you’ll ever like? Haploid finally renders epistemology obsolete!! I don’t think I’ll get a lot of disagreements if I say we acquire a lot of our knowledge and taste empirically (to put it simply; through our life experiences) and that our taste changes as we are exposed to new things. Some of the things we’ll like are more niche, avant-garde and difficult of approach, it doesn’t mean everyone has to like them, in fact they won’t, that’s why they’re niche, they can only be of appeal to a minority and you have to make an effort to approach them on their own terms, they challenge our conceptions.

Hard to differentiate when someone is wearing something because they like it vs. because it's cool or uncool or hyped or whatever, except in truly egregious cases (tomatous?). Pretty much a waste of time to say "well if this cost $15 instead of $1000, you'd hate it." While that may be the case it makes the critic sound like a douche who doesn't know anything.

BTW I own around 40 pairs of shoes

i find it interesting to note that everybody that critiques so called goth ninja outfits seem to live somewhere where they are unlikely to see anybody wearing such.

today i ran into digital denim who was dressed in ro/julius/n(n), this was a guy in a nice leather jacket , jeans and boots.

the same low key sense of style is also evident when i see people dressed in some of the more drapey offerings of said designers. these outfits are much more sedate than you have had the opportunity to see from your limited window of self taken pictures on the internet.

i agree, i hiked up the pants for the pic

i usually wear them lower

What's up with putting Mrip in here? Personally I think his fit is solid, despite the corny looking shades

shades were corny on purpose

How would you like me saying; "You don't understand workwear, after all you're just a dirty Frenchman. What the fuck would you know about besides being an elitist prick?"

i laughed pretty hard at this but then i realized that he probably knows a lot about getting his ass kicked by germans too

i find it interesting to note that everybody that critiques so called goth ninja outfits seem to live somewhere where they are unlikely to see anybody wearing such.

today i ran into digital denim who was dressed in ro/julius/n(n), this was a guy in a nice leather jacket , jeans and boots.

the same low key sense of style is also evident when i see people dressed in some of the more drapey offerings of said designers. these outfits are much more sedate than you have had the opportunity to see from your limited window of self taken pictures on the internet.

also, building on this point, i know few people who don't look like total assholes wearing "goth ninja"

Halifamous is one of them, probably pulling off the brands associated with neo-goth better than anyone else i've seen. on the other hand, most people i see dressed head to toe in the stuff look like complete and utter shit - even the people that can afford it.

no we're devolving into gothninja = possibly the best sometimes, mostly the worst all most of the time.

Exactly. I mean no offense to those attracted to RO pieces and the like, just merely questioning the motives of the poster and his defensiveness.

serious question, are rick o and all those dudes are familiar with the term gothninja?
yes, 100%

on the side note, i would love to have the rick samurai jacket. i also think it's fairly easy to pull off. i do have problems with beanies, which make most outfits look laughable.