stuff to do in Paris?

bennie dope

When in France, do as the French do: wear berets, grow thin mustaches, smoke alot and eat snails.......

But seriously, do a search in the forums for "Paris" or as Faust said, use the city guides on the first page. You will find more than enough info.

See, I don't really get why everyone suggests Colette for an ultimate-Paris experience. Sure, the concept is awesome: they have some GREAT books, GREAT music, great gadgets, accessories, clothes, great EVERYTHING. I mean, okay, I love the store. However, what I don't love is the price. Everything is too freakin expensive for a lowly debt-ridden student like me - but then.. I'm not sure what you guys do anyway, so you may be financially more ..afloat.

But anyway. What to do in Paris in August? It's not very 'French' in August since everyone's gone for the vacances and it's full of American/English/whatever tourists.. but.

- Paris Plage is likely to have started, you can get a bit of a tan, I guess?

- Palais de Tokyo

- can always check out Centre Pompidou, they always have really good installations/exhibitions going on there. 8 euros and you get into all of the 'private' exhibitions.

- Cab is a good club, except it's $$. Same with ManRay, same with La Suite (v good music), pretty much anything along the Champs is $$. I've heard that La Fleche d'Or is also pretty good too.

- check out the museum on Quai Branly, just opened.

..running out of ideas..