The retail customer unappreciation thread.

OkayOkay

Apparently some jerk-off on hypebeast said this about my friend working at the Commissary OC.

I just called Commisary and asked if they were dropping the CDG x Supreme stuff. The guy said he didn’t know what I was talking about and hung up on me. What’s up with street wear and horrible customer service?

You fucking dumbass, he told you that the comm doesn't carry any of the Supreme collabs.

i think the people i want to murder the most are the people who pick up a garment, look at it....decide they don't like it...and put it back on not the shelf the just took it from, but a different one, amongst different garments that are clearly different

it would take you the exact fucking same amount of time and effort -possibly less time and effort - to just put it back where you picked it up from

fucking idiots

It's just this simple as fuck Comune button down shirt we have on sale, but most every tee shirt is $30-$40 these days also. Can't upload mobile for some reason, but...http://store.thinkempire.com/gfx/products/fullsize/bradls_black_s.jpg

Broneck, that one drives me insane also. Guy last night picks up a hat we had on a glass display head on a table, tries it on, tosses it back on the table next to the display. I told him he almost made it, he didn't really understand for a sec as he was was about to walk out, then got it when he saw me lift the hat and move it the final 6" onto the display.

SOMEONE CALLED MY STORE ASKING FOR THE SUPREME x KATE HUDSON TEE A FEW DAYS BEFORE WE DROPPED IT. ); Proceeded to line up and when I recognized the name from the caller ID / credit card transaction, I realized why he'd just asked me why we didn't have any left.

"We will have maybe 4 or 5 to sell on Saturday."

Him: I lined up for like 4 hours.. you guys said you had 5.

"Dude, you were like the 20th person in line.."

WTF.

used to work at a grocery store, yeah the milk maids are very annoying. i've also had customers asking questions like: "do you have any big, round, watermelons?" like wow, really? and when you get them the big, round watermelon and they think the price is 99c when it's per lb. and they get all pissed off because we cheated them.

one time I was ringing up some items for a guy and he tried to correct me with the prices, going "this was clearly on sale yesterday" and started shaking his head acting all frustrated, i told him but the offer expired today and he was all angry at me. fucking idiot.

and i hated the ones who would always demand shit like double paper in plastic, double plastic in paper, paper in plastic, plastic in paper. smh.

used to work at starbucks and have had customers short with let's say 50c, some would straight up pick up 2 quarters from my tip jar without even asking.

a lot of girls do this including my sister: they order ice grande upside-down caramel macchiato or any other drinks that require specific layering, and when they get their drinks they stir the whole thing. what's the point? i never understood.

on many occasions a lady would order extra hot latte and complained that it was too hot; some other guy would order extra dry cappucino and complained it was too dry (foamy), smh.

or the ones that want to buy pastries and can't tell me the name and just go "that one, no no no that one, no that one! that one!!!!! nooooo! that oneeeee!!!!!!" look at the tag and tell me the name, it's called blueberry scone you moron.

now that i work mostly b2b as a food processor/trader, fortunately i don't have to deal with as many idiots as i used to, but then it's the same thing when incompetent distributors can't answer simple questions and have to pass on to me. questions like "why does this apple taste and look different from the last one we ordered?" - because it's not the same fucking apple maybe? "the expiry date is next week but how come the color is starting to change?" - because it's been almost 2 years, we sell food, not PVC pipes. "

As someone who worked in produce at a supermarket through high school, I can definitely relate to a couple of those.

I would get a lot of people who would come in and ask me for certain vegetables or fruits without knowing what they were. For example, this one lady would always come in for kale and wouldn't remember what kale looked like. One time she asked me if a bunch of green onions were kale. Another asked me the difference between lemons, limes and oranges. She spent five minutes telling me that all citrus was the same and you could substitute one for another without any problems.

The pros of that job were working the day shifts and getting to know bored housewives, having the excuse of "a customer wanted to try this" when eating whatever I wanted, and not being a bagger.

On the weekends one summer I picked up a couple shifts a month at a boutique pet store (lol) my friend's brother managed. It was the chillest. I would get high before work and on breaks/lunch and play with rabbits and cats.

The kids that would go in there though were the worst. My job is not to babysit your god damn spawn all day while you're acting important on your Blackberry.

One day I caught this kid eating dog treats though. Made it week. I kind of wanted to try one afterwards because he made them seem so good.

"We will have maybe 4 or 5 to sell on Saturday."

Him: I lined up for like 4 hours.. you guys said you had 5.

"Dude, you were like the 20th person in line.."

WTF.

THIS. What the fuck with people that don't understand basic math, or simple rationale or problem solving. We get the same thing (albeit no Supleme problems). I'll tell people we only get 6 of a certain item in typically, they'll sleep on it, come in late, not get their size, and get mad at me...like I did them this great injustice. Always happens too once they collect themselves they'll ask if we have backstock, I'll say no, then it's "so this is all you have? Really? Are you sure?"

"correct, you only see one on display, and I told you we don't have backstock, so the simple math and logic would show that there are no more available"

Then almost every time it's...

"you sure man? Like, maybe can you check in back just to make sure?"

killmyself.gif

Fuck you to the people who show up 30 secs before closing and continue to try things on for 40 minutes after closing and not understand why:

• Music is off
  • Mgr is counting cash
  • One dude is vacuuming
  • People are folding shit
  • Expensive shit being put away

LOL. just remembered... one time this old redneck ass couple comes in (to a mens boutique) and the wife asks me and my buddy (both half japanese) if the chinese/vietnamese restaurant around the corner is any good.. i'm like fuck yeah it is, go eat there. then the bitch opens her mouth and says "what, is that like your cousins restaurant?" in my mind i thought it was funny as fuck... but we just stood and looked at her like, bitch did you really just say that?

Fuck you to the people who show up 30 secs before closing and continue to try things on for 40 minutes after closing and not understand why:

• Music is off
  • Mgr is counting cash
  • One dude is vacuuming
  • People are folding shit
  • Expensive shit being put away

i have a question - why are you letting this happen?

you know there's diplomatic ways to deal with this right?

"sorry, we're closed at (insert time) and we have to have all fitting rooms empty by then. sorry for the inconvenience but we're open til x tomorrow."

not rocket science dude

oh yeah, new low today.

some kid came up to me - probably 14 or something. he had a 10 dollar ear-ring in his hand.

kid: "can i buy this?"

me: "....yes?"

kid: "i only have $4."

me: "well...that's not enough?"

kid: "well, I have $4. can you just lend me the rest for a few days? i'll come back in a few days and pay you the rest."

me: "...can't one of your friends loan you $8?"

kid's friends: "nope!"

me: "so if your friends won't even lend you $8, why would you expect a store to."

kid: leaves.

me: kills self.

Edited by broneck

i used to work at foot locker at the big mall downtown briefly when i was 16. if you ever want to know what a level of hell looks like, be the person on boxing day who explains to the spoiled kid's mother that at 4 pm we are sold out of size 9 bullshit Jordans that went 40% off (NEVER, NEVER happens) for a day only, and she can't understand why we carry "so few shoes" (we had a stock of 200+ unique mens shoes alone...) and that we would "lie" (it was 4pm and we've been open since 7am, that's 9 hours of at least 100,000 people coming through the mall to browse/look for boxing day deals). Man, I do not miss retail. I have a compulsive need, from working there, to fold back shirts and put everything I touch back because, while menail and simple, it's a tide that won't ever be turned, and i just wanna show the other poor retail denizens that we all aren't spoiled kids from Richmond Hill...

also, penny arcade delivering 'dat trouf:

723758158_koamt-L.jpg

i have a question - why are you letting this happen?

you know there's diplomatic ways to deal with this right?

"sorry, we're closed at (insert time) and we have to have all fitting rooms empty by then. sorry for the inconvenience but we're open til x tomorrow."

not rocket science dude

Well back in my retail days, it wasnt my call and we werent allowed to tell customers at some places we're closed. Stupid managers were counting on one last sale.

that's exactly right. closing managers want to comp and they'll take every last dollar they can get so they can tell THEIR manager they had good numbers that night. and if that last customer buys a bunch of shit and then opens a store credit card, that manager goes around high-fiving people left and right and man it's an embarrassing sight.

working at sephora has to be one of the easiest retail jobs, but its still rly ridic.

we have one last whom we call bob, she buys n returns (with receipt) the same things. buys nars, returns benefit. buys benefit, returns nars.

the girl who bitched at me cause she thought all stores carry all of our brands--when some are online exclusive.

or the middle easterners, indians and asians who ask for complexion matching and then proceed to tell me that I'm wrong.

ok fuck you, do it yourself .