Good, cheap, shopping in NYC

gartermouth

Hi, I've been to NYC three times, but I have never gotten the chance to do what I want to do--shop!! I only live an hour away, but finding someone to go with is always an issue. Lesson learned: only go with someone who actually has money and wants to shop.

Anyway, introduction aside, I want to know where some really good stores are, but are not expensive. Expensive as in....$200 on a pair of pants. I'm more stingy than that, unfortunately. I want clothes that's different, unique, something you can't find anywhere else. I'm looking for anything--shoes, pants, tops, jackets, accessories. I haven't bought clothes in ages. I wear the same jeans everyday.

I've been to the East Side and went in a few stores. Some thrift stores didn't have what I was looking for. Others--like Screaming Mimi's was nice, but a bit pricey. As for location, it can be anywhere, but on my next trip to NYC I was hoping to stay more towards the East Side, but other locations are welcome too.

And if you know of a really nice store, but IS a little pricey, you can still mention it and I'll check it out. Thanks!

go to uniqlo (they have 2 locations in soho) there is a sale now and you can get some nice stuff. you can also check h&m but you might have a closer one next to where you live. nyc is not cheap but i have a rule that i rather buy 2-3 very nice but little expensive things than 6-7 cheap ones. you can get really nice jeans for a bit more than $100 which i don't think is a lot since they will last long time.

ummm depending on when you hit it century can be full of old women and garbage. so no I wouldn't say its all you need but possibly worth checking out.

if you go early in the morning, it's nice and quiet. And someone finally told them to stop playing that Xmas shit music, and passed them along a nice Hotel Costes compilation soundtrack, which makes shopping much more pleasant.

Guest lafashion8

loving h&m right now, i just can't wait till it comes to la.

also in soho there is a cute store called amersterdam which has really cute dresses and shirts for so cheap.

in williamsburg, brooklyn , there are so many good vintage stores too!!!

i was just there and there are so many end of the summer sales, so good luck and may you have lots of patience in the heat!!!!:)