good hip hop

YO NESK!

This is for you (and NOTESEE, you want to check this too)

A "more put together" grime track produced by Lewi White featuring Ghetto. An ice cold grimey flip of a classic hip hop sample, from his forthcoming CD "freedom of speech" produced entirely by white.

2nd one down.

Let me know what ya'll think.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/46103-this-month-in-grimedubstep-peverelist-lewi-white-and-ghetto-streams

Whoa this is ridiculous. Its completely changing my opinion of grime and dubstep.

edit:nevermind i clicked the wrong shit.

i really liking this. fucking wicked. i cant place what sample is being flipped. enlighten me. or does it get more obvious toward the end?

pm me a link i can download this track at if you have it. cause this imeem shit is straight gayness.

edit:nevermind i clicked the wrong shit.

i really liking this. fucking wicked. i cant place what sample is being flipped. enlighten me. or does it get more obvious toward the end?

pm me a link i can download this track at if you have it. cause this imeem shit is straight gayness.

10 Crack Commandments. Is that what you're talking about?

The stick hits (whats this called?) are from another track though. The last I remember hearing was on the Bad Boy track from Shyne.

The Get Back is ridiculously good. I just finished it off and there are so many quotables. I love how they are able to balance between preachness and realness. Im getting a little tired of them rapping about not blowing up. I mean, its been 3 albums, switch up your subject matter. Their social commentary is spot on.

5/5. Again. For the 3rd time.

^ fully co-signed

just listened through the NYG's album (vid posted above), had a few very dope beats and a couple of good tracks, but some pretty boring ones as well. not fully impressed, Ya Dayz R #'d is definately the highlight.

i feel like LB may play it safe w/o 9th for the Getback. From the sampler, it sounds like this album will be their easiest to digest commercially...but i don't think it'll top their first two.

illmind is a G though...Nobody Like Me is my favorite LB joint...

anybody here heard of Kev Brown?

The album is pretty good after listening to it a few times, and it pretty much is their easiest album to commercially digest...it's definitely not better than The Listening, I'll have to listen to it some more before putting it up to The Minstrel Show. But it's still a good album.

I think I've heard of Kev Brown...somebody told me he's a rapper/producer or something?

The album is pretty good after listening to it a few times, and it pretty much is their easiest album to commercially digest...it's definitely not better than The Listening, I'll have to listen to it some more before putting it up to The Minstrel Show. But it's still a good album.

I think I've heard of Kev Brown...somebody told me he's a rapper/producer or something?

Hmmm...I kinda in the same boat. However, based on what I've heard, they've evolved dramatically since their "Listening" days. Although 9th was no slouch, by an margin, butI kinda applaud the diversity fount on the new album. I have a feeling I may like this album more....who knows. I know they sound more at ease and mroe open on this album though.

Illmind is definitely a producer to look out for.

The Listening is my favorite album from them but I dont think its better because its a more complete album, I think its better because its raw as fuck. With that line of thought they become a better group with every album and this is their best, most complete album to date.

Ok, I know this isn't new, but does anyone have a link to the beastie boys newest album? I didn't get it when it came out and for some reason it just hit me that I need to give it a solid listen.

so apparently nas, for the secodn release in a row, is claiming his album is gonna be called 'nigga'. dude has really learnt how to get alot of hype on his records based of album titles. check out what fox news is already saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_odC1tYHmw

i would love to get interveiwed on fox and verbally bitchslap their crusty white no journalism skills having asses. they are seriously masters of the smear campaign. i hoep nas ends up on bill o reily and has the self control to not get blunted first cause their war on hip hop is getting out of fucking control.

so apparently nas, for the secodn release in a row, is claiming his album is gonna be called 'nigga'. dude has really learnt how to get alot of hype on his records based of album titles. check out what fox news is already saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_odC1tYHmw

i would love to get interveiwed on fox and verbally bitchslap their crusty white no journalism skills having asses. they are seriously masters of the smear campaign. i hoep nas ends up on bill o reily and has the self control to not get blunted first cause their war on hip hop is getting out of fucking control.

Such hateful songs like Hip Hop is Dead, eh? That is one fo the worst interviews Ive ever seen.

The Listening is my favorite album from them but I dont think its better because its a more complete album, I think its better because its raw as fuck. With that line of thought they become a better group with every album and this is their best, most complete album to date.

Precisely, they sounded, although the music was good, like they were still crafting their sound. The rappers were trying to find their niche.....

Nas' ain't doing nothing be gathering hype, but I'm certain the album will be good.....Shit, I guess.

Arttists make studio tracks, but "True Grime heads" (read: the RWD forum) hate most studio tracks they make, and decry most of their mixtape efforts as "swag" or "bait hiphop". While this isn't always an accurate assesment, the true meat and potatoes of grime are the Rave, and the radio set. Anyone who is anyone, is anyone, Because of getting reloads in the dance and coming live on the set week after week.

Trim, Skepta, Wiley, Ghetto (one of the best live shows I've seen), Kano (in his prime, he's trash now) Titch (so fucking hype on old sets), Big H (who actually has recorded no more than 5 "songs" in his life), Roadside G's, Ruff Sqwad. These are all people who owe the (modest) level of success they enjoy to the work they put in live.

That's where the energy in grime comes from.

Few Studio Dubs come with that energy. Attempts at formula, or polish work very poorly. When tracks are recorded, the best results come from a hype MC spitting over a recent (but already known by the fans) devistatingly good production that gets reloads in the rave.

The early Roll Deep CD series Creeper vols. 1-5 are one of the better examples I can think of, with the full roster of MC's spitting over decently recorded and engineered (mostly in house) productions.

I'll try and get some of these up for you, as well as mixtapes by the few artists who make them worhtwhile (frisco, devlin, and again Trim come to mind), but if you want to get into grime, you might have to be alittle more forgiving with the format choice.

Thanks for the feedback though.

More soon come.

I THINK PPL CALL THE STUDIO-DONE STUFF BAD

BECAUSE IT IS BAD. ITS NOT EVN GRMIE HALF TIME ITSJ UST BAD HIP HOP

TERRIBLE HIP HOP SOMETIMES.

at the record store today, the best thing happened. i didnt know fat beats was rereleasing kurios' contipated monkey lp. but when i went in there it was, vinyl and cd. this album is fucking beautiful. on the level of kmd or aceys first album as far as forgotten 90s era classics that somehow havnt been co-opted by the true school revival set. everyone should find this album right away because its easily better than your favorite record of the moment and will blow your fucking face off. must cop status.