good hip hop

What is it you like about it? Give me a lil mini review.

the beats are dope, rhymes are good, and the flow is on point. it just is really infectious, it has that 90s feel but no corniness, still raw but there's no pretense of like "im a hard du ima kill u" or shit like that. also this is where DOOM got his start, so if you're a fan of MF then you will love this. also the rhymes are intelligent, witty, and funny. it's just good hip hop

this is me, its not anything you would expect, not on no oddfuture shit not on no wiz khalifa make a good single and bad album shit, this is real hiphop, this is a real MC flourishing artistically and mentally, all subjects you can relate to, ima broke college student with a hell of alot of family problems in a city that eats you up inside, listen, cus an all honesty you will be listening later, this is only the beginning, and there is so much work to be done.

COVER.jpg

Download

Stream

this is me, its not anything you would expect, not on no oddfuture shit not on no wiz khalifa make a good single and bad album shit, this is real hiphop, this is a real MC flourishing artistically and mentally, all subjects you can relate to, ima broke college student with a hell of alot of family problems in a city that eats you up inside, listen, cus an all honesty you will be listening later, this is only the beginning, and there is so much work to be done.

COVER.jpg

Download

Stream

Your post made me not want to listen to your music but I gotta say its pretty good. I liked it quite a bit. It reminded me of Backwoodz Studios. I like the rawness...and appreciate you not singing any shitty chorus' . Rhymes scheme could use some tightening but that'll come. Really dug the Mobb flip.

You just posted yourself into the "good hip hop" thread?

Ha.

Who uses copperplate anyway?

At least you're real hip hop. Not that fake shit like Oddfuture. (10)

^you're a hatteur.. expect him to post something he spent time on into the "bad hip hop thread"? That's not exactly a good way to sell yourself -- immediately conceding that your product is wack. You probably didn't even listen to it.

Well, luckily for him, it's the "good" hip hop thread and not "best."

With all the trash out nowadays, it's still better than average and far from anything thrown in the "bad" hip hop thread.

Du's flow has potential, as mentioned the rhyme scheme could/will be improved. I think some of the tracks lack some substance in terms of lyrical content. The tracks are like ~3 minutes, but most felt like they each had maybe 16 bars only to be finished with narration/sampling/beat filler. Otherwise, I thought it was pretty good for starting amateur ish.

I actually did listen to it. Did you, homie? It certainly ain't good.

I did listen to it, every track. Despite the poorly mixed vocals I still enjoyed it. The beats were decent enough, and I liked a lot of du's lines. It's obvious this is a DIY project and not some funded studio work, so I give abgohard credit for actually creating and releasing something to the world -- something most people are too scared or uncreative to do.

playdisonlyatnight - thanks for your interest in my gucci remix, glad you enjoy it. Here are a couple links, one is an mp3, and the other is a wav. If you're concerned about sound quality over conserving storage, definitely download the wav (40somthing mb).

http://www.throwthisaway.org/GUCCIMONSTA.mp3

http://www.throwthisaway.org/GUCCIMONSTA.wav