good hip hop

but yo is this new DOOM even worth fucking w/? i just listened to the king geedorah album and some madvillainy and i'm sure this shit can't even touch it.

New Doom is pretty solid, It's not like Operation Doomsday or Madvillainy, but it's solid. Angels is a good track with Mr. Tony Starks :cool:

New Jada album dropped out of nowhere.

I'm only 1/10th the way through and it sounds OK so far. It's a lot softer than what i was expecting and almost every track has a guest appearance. There is a track with Mary J signing the hook and listening to the rhythm you can almost tell they wanted Akon or T-Payne and Mary was the last choice. I'm just glad its not either one of the first two.

i really don't think snoop gives a shit anymore (edit: or did you mean the beat?)

sometimes he still makes hot records, probably by accident

ps

meth talks about shit too much

I was talking mainly about the beat since snoop really doesn't give a shit anymore (and I also don't give a shit about snoop no mo).

Also just finished new jadakiss.

meh.

boring.

I haven't peeped the album yet. Just the joints with rappers I like. The joint with Styles is hard...the beat works really well with their back & forth deal. The shit with Ghost and Rae is nice if a little too playful beat-wise...but they kill it all tough like.

Will check the whole album ina bit...after Return of Mr. Scarface finishes...classic.

yeah, what i heard was dope

i don't ever really read him, but byron crawford ripped it apart

dood is kind of a clown tbh

i dunno how he gets so much blog luv

what's that thing called in econ where you have a comparative/market advantage if you get in first?

cuz thats him

here's the thing

metallica are bitches about protecting their music, plus they still tour, etc.

but

15 years from now, when they're old and bald and can't do it anymore, you know they're gonna open up the whole back catalog

the next two years of rap will be so dope we'll all be able to pretend 'collision course' never happened

SIC060CD.jpg

Some (not so) new Mobb Deep... well it's a collection of tracks that I haven't heard...ever...in my long run of mixtape pillaging from the 90's to late-2000's.

Not Free Agents by any means...but definitely solid stuff from all over the 2000's...mostly 2004 I think. Prodigy when he got his 2nd wind after Jay-/Infamy...I think before G Unit too.

For the real Mobb heads I guess:

http://qbmerlin.blogspot.com/2009/04/mobb-deep-safe-is-cracked.html

I've realized that some of Hav's beats, especially on the above album (or any of the "back burner" material that has hit mixtapes as well), first give me the impression to sleep on the joint and press "next"...but shit turns right around as soon as your hear P's voice on 'em...it's like they get harder and darker.

I like that about his shit. He employs the old Hip Hop theory of "the voice is the last instrument to complete the beat". Simplicity rules in this category...nothing muddy or too busy (i.e. El-P). He sticks to a simple formula for most of his production; a Hav beat is one that usually entails a repetitious sample (ala Rza) over a 2-4 bar bassline and drum loop...add vocals...done. And that has worked VERY well for them.

Sorry...just had to say that...long-winded producer's itch.