lets see what you've got.

partytaco

What's up with the honeycombs on the 47s and the NS? did you sandpaper or just starch the shit out of those?

they look like they have been duct taped in a bunch, and suffered through years of squats.

how close am i?

numero_uno_3xl: yeah seriously i was actually surprised that there are more denimheads in asia outside japan.

Headtowall, I am just curious as to what size you wear in all those. I am about to pull the trigger on some of the pure blues and wanted a reference to some other jeans. I actually have tried on all those ones you have as well as own some NS's. Thanks for the help!

Headtowall, I am just curious as to what size you wear in all those. I am about to pull the trigger on some of the pure blues and wanted a reference to some other jeans. I actually have tried on all those ones you have as well as own some NS's. Thanks for the help!

LVC 47: Size 30/34. Too small in the waist. Am probably going to let them go actually.

Nudie Slim Jim Dry Black: Size 32/32. These are a pretty good fit. 31 probably would have been perfect, but I'm happy with them as is.

APC New Standard: Size 30. Got it right on this one, and this was the first try.

PBJ XX-005: Size 30. Bought in one-wash state. I'm pretty much happy with them, but I think sizing up one or two may have been better.

Hope this helps.

PBJ XX-005: Size 30. Bought in one-wash state. I'm pretty much happy with them, but I think sizing up one or two may have been better.

So yours wernt raw from BiG? In that case it makes our race to the better PBJ's all that more interesting. Haha.

Picture is awesome by the way...just shows how amazing this PBJ denim is compared to other stuff.

sup guys,

my name is franklin and as u can see by my post count alone that im new here. i been reading the forums a bit for bout like 2 weeks n decided to join. everyone here is very informed about jeans(i mostly been in superdenim), so im looking to get in on the knowledge too.

today i went to A.P.C. store in SoHo and bought rescue 32x33 and they fit great. i havent broken them in yet but will soon. also by coincidence my friend hooked me up with some 501 levis jeans 32x34.

IMG_2241.jpg

im open to any advise(yes i have used the search engine here lol)!

thanx

Guest Fade to Black

Dior Homme S/S 05 Japanese 21 cm raw denim (washed)

Dior Homme S/S 03 Japanese black painted blue denim

Dior Homme S/S 05 Italian orange overdye

Dior Homme A/W 04-05 Italian orange overdye

Dior Homme A/W 06-07 Italian dust wash

45 RPM Distressed overdyed black sorahiko

45 RPM Indigo one-wash sorahiko

Helmut Lang raw denim w/ black patchwork on thighs and reversed pockets

Levi's Asian edition distressed blue 501s

Don't wear the Helmut Lang or the Levi's much these days, the rest is just in rotation...

So yours wernt raw from BiG? In that case it makes our race to the better PBJ's all that more interesting. Haha.

Picture is awesome by the way...just shows how amazing this PBJ denim is compared to other stuff.

Yeah, the ones from xcoldricex were one wash. This contest is way cooler than that other one...

The denim thing is so true. The PBJs stand out a lot more.

sup guys,

my name is franklin and as u can see by my post count alone that im new here. i been reading the forums a bit for bout like 2 weeks n decided to join. everyone here is very informed about jeans(i mostly been in superdenim), so im looking to get in on the knowledge too.

today i went to A.P.C. store in SoHo and bought rescue 32x33 and they fit great. i havent broken them in yet but will soon. also by coincidence my friend hooked me up with some 501 levis jeans 32x34.

IMG_2241.jpg

im open to any advise(yes i have used the search engine here lol)!

thanx

excellent beginning post, franklin. as a perennial newbie myself, the only advice i give is this: wash as little as possible, and woolite with those apc. levis stf will always be the same, experiment with them. have fun. and remember, in the words of cmf (you will soon learn of his powers, comprable to those of almighty zeus) "they are just jeans"

excellent beginning post, franklin. as a perennial newbie myself, the only advice i give is this: wash as little as possible, and woolite with those apc. levis stf will always be the same, experiment with them. have fun. and remember, in the words of cmf (you will soon learn of his powers, comprable to those of almighty zeus) "they are just jeans"

lmao thanx. trust me i will be having fun with these jeans. i can't wait to break them in.:D

n i also sorta collect shoes on the side so i have that mentality of "their just sneakers" lol so i know wat u mean.

cheers

lmao thanx. trust me i will be having fun with these jeans. i can't wait to break them in.:D

n i also sorta collect shoes on the side so i have that mentality of "their just sneakers" lol so i know wat u mean.

cheers

Hey Franklin, maybe you already read about this but APCs strech out quite a bit in the waist (2 to 3 sizes) so if your APC's are a bit loose right now, you might want to size down. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I noticed that the tagged waist size on your 501 stfs are 32 and I'm a 31 in 501 stfs and a 27 in APCs. I just wanted to tell you about the sizing before you removed all of the tags from your APCs and started breaking them in. If you're going for the baggy look then nevermind! As far as the 501 stfs go, you should never machine wash them! Only give them a warm soak in the beginning to get the shrinkage out of the way. If you ever give them a machine wash they will turn to crap, seriously.

Hey Franklin, maybe you already read about this but APCs strech out quite a bit in the waist (2 to 3 sizes) so if your APC's are a bit loose right now, you might want to size down. The reason I'm bringing this up is because I noticed that the tagged waist size on your 501 stfs are 32 and I'm a 31 in 501 stfs and a 27 in APCs. I just wanted to tell you about the sizing before you removed all of the tags from your APCs and started breaking them in. If you're going for the baggy look then nevermind! As far as the 501 stfs go, you should never machine wash them! Only give them a warm soak in the beginning to get the shrinkage out of the way. If you ever give them a machine wash they will turn to crap, seriously.

thanx for the advice goodhustle. yea i read about the stretching of the A.P.C jeans. even the lady at the store told me they were going to stretch out. i normally wear 34 in jeans so i got the 32...i kinda do wear some jeans baggy tho, just sometimes. the 501 stfs fit me tight on the waist actually lol. those buttons might mean trouble in tight situations. :P

ok so no washing machine for either. questions tho. are APC jeans the only ones that stretch like that? and how much will the 501 stfs shrink? thanx

• 3 weeks later...

OK, decided to take a pic now that I got the GW's. I had another pair of washed denim from Express but I couldn't find it... my collection is very small, consisting of the following jeans, from left to right:

Sugarcane Edo Ai SC40501

Dry Bones CDP-555

Levi's 501xx STF

Puma Evisu Worn Out

I was amazed at the color difference in the STF and the Jap made Dry Bones (being my first pair of raw indigo Jap denim)... the STF are pathetic! The CDP-555 are also VERY VERY stiff, whereas the STF is supple

2ynlaw4.jpg

ok i will also show my collection of jeans on this site

here we go...

P9290321.jpg

P9290326.jpg

Atelier la Durance Royal pants selvage

149_4908.jpg

Top. Nudie jeans Conny jacket

From left : RRdestroyed, SJDG, LF heavy Broken, LF dry ( did'nt know they were dry ),

Bottom : RR destroyed, RRDS, RRDG

i have some pre washed jeans to but nothing special