Astérix

Who makes the best skinny jeans?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best skinny jeans?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since I a lot of people are interested in pattern making I have asked on TFS for some worthwile resources. Until I get response I have found some books that might be helpful on barnesandnoble.com if you search under pattern drafting.

talking about the best, you can't include price etc. that's not relevant. in my opinion in terms of cut, quality etc. etc. dior are best by far, and that scar on the back pocket is just a genius thing, it looks so cool.

if got a pair of vintage looking dior jeans 21 cm in a size 29, they fit great and aren't to skinny. i've also got a pair of acne's, 16 cm size 30 and they look great, but they aren't as comfortable as the diors.

depends on what look you are going for. as for denim quality and thinkness i would say they feel about the same. the thin finns has an ass that sits low. julian red hobokens also fit like this but not to the same degree. im selling my pair of thin finns if you are interested check out the market forum. I only wear julian reds and nudies these days and i like them both equally.

The lower yoke on the Finn is the only thing I don't know about...it looks cool if worn correctly but sometimes it looks just stupid. I love the way Hobokens fit the dude on the left in this picture, wearing the Bad Black. img08394568.jpg

alex, i dont mean to bum you out, but i dont think anyones gonna take you seriously here anymore, answer your questions or respond to your posts no matter how goood your intentions are, so i propose 4 options

1. stick it out, and regain their respect

2. say 'fuck it' and move on

3. get a new screename

4. go to another forum and get your questions answered.

i dont wanna flame ya, just wanna let you know that others do

alex, i dont mean to bum you out, but i dont think anyones gonna take you seriously here anymore, answer your questions or respond to your posts no matter how goood your intentions are, so i propose 4 options

1. stick it out, and regain their respect

2. say 'fuck it' and move on

3. get a new screename

4. go to another forum and get your questions answered.

i dont wanna flame ya, just wanna let you know that others do

I find that funny as I don't think anybody takes your seriously anymore after your hamburger shop incident...

I find that funny as I don't think anybody takes your seriously anymore after your hamburger shop incident...

again, that was shitty and i apologize, and im accustomed to people not taking me seriously, im here to learn not to start fires, and unlike many of the people that lurk for months to get the "vibe", i jumped in five minutes after seeing the website for the first time, without any knowledge about topics, etiquette, etc. it doesnt make what i did any better, but it sets the record straight, what i did was completely inappropriate and juvenile.

I am not familar with Edwin but maybe you did not buy the correct size?

I took a size that I could button all the way in time of trying on. :)

If you have a pair of Acne Mod jeans they are about the same. Sometimes when I think I'm wearing the Calis I'm actually wearing tha Mods (sometimes meaning that has happened once...).

And if you look at JR homepage, the guy wearing those washed Calis he's about similarly built as me and the jeans fit about the same.

If I buy my sized 501's I think that they are more fitted than Calis, only that calis are tapered... Uhh.. it's late here and I'm mumbling like an old woman...

Bonus points for JR...I was wearing a pair of charcoal grey Calis out to dinner and damn did I look good in them...as DDML said they were slouched like fucking Slimane himself (but a bit tighter) :D

Oh shit...I'm now 1/2 a Super Junkie!