Best Skinny Jeans?

Astérix

Who makes the best skinny jeans?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes the best skinny jeans?

The Denimbar just got some JR in. The one on the left is Hoboken Bad Black (I think) and the one on the right is Hoboken Nikki Sixx (impossible to find). On Rakuten they have a good selection of JR but only the bigger sizes are left.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have to read that book. Julian Red is such a cool company, although it is pretty hard to find. I would love to get this shirt: t-love-m_1.jpg

for the tee, try shoppa.tjallamalla.com

dont know if they ship internationally

but sure worth a try.

Yeah thanks Kakaro, I checked out that webstore also. Really nice clothes on there, I was loving these girls super high rise joints, super 70's

i used to email and chat with Mattias (the designer all the time early last year) I also forgot to mention the hobo one rinse and red dragons (red denim). I really dont think the jeans on the right model are the nikki sixx's however. they look like the one rinse pair i have instead. they even look a little waxy which makes them look even more so like diors. cant read it so im not sure.

I have the hoboken black bullets and the no wash also. got them both from fos5 on sale!

I like the denim on the no wash because it has only minimal strecth (1.2% i think) and feels alot nicer than nudies stretch denim in my opinion. The black bullets are really cool, but i rarely wear them because i have too many pairs of dry jeans to break in.

I am gonna wear my washed grey Calis within the next few days when the temp cools down (it has been 95F the last few days)...I will see if I can get some pictures. That belt you have is the fucking tits...

a few more...

warm soak at 6.5 months

1001780bk4.jpg

after soak in the daylight

1001848nc4.jpg

check the anti fit

1001867xm4.jpg

knowing is half the battle

1001612zz5.jpg

ok now if everyone just post pics of your jr's we can have the definitive julian red picture source :[

you dont really need to go without washing the nikkis. they are pre-washed already.

I think I may try to pick up some Hobokens...should I get the same size as I wear in the Cali? Pssssst...Dark Animal, where can I find JR when I go to NYC? This sucks Fos5 is out of them for the moment.

I think I may try to pick up some Hobokens...should I get the same size as I wear in the Cali? Pssssst...Dark Animal, where can I find JR when I go to NYC? This sucks Fos5 is out of them for the moment.

There's no one that carries JR at the moment in NYC, Vice did but that was ages ago. JR is still under the radar and I don't think it will ever surface here in NYC. I got mine here in SF supermarket, one pair was from glamroots. Try to pm him. I also used to have the Hoboken Blondes but I returned it.

yeah, i think the hollywood trading company is still carrying them.

the only quibble i have is the price of these things. if they were priced like nudie (and not higher) i'd be all over them. i won't even begin to imagine what madness it would be if they were priced like APC...

Ok...my calis are 27s. Maybe I will try a 28 or something. JR is not too expensive...the Calis are $175 and the ones I have are selvage. I also think JR is on somewhat of a limited production which might lead to a slightly higher price.

you dont really need to go without washing the nikkis. they are pre-washed already.

deathmullet-

!?!?

the point of wearing jeans for extended periods of time is so that the wear and creases and whiskers are exposed to constant and consistant wear in order to achive a good fade. also, over an extended period of time denim (especially tight pairs) mold and begin to take on your shape.

if i were to wash these frequently the folds and honeycombs get "reset". that process of whiskers forming and them hugging my legs will start over to a certain extent. this applys to all denim (or any fabric that is stiff enough to hold its shape.) rinsed, one wash, even a destroyed pair. as long as they have enough indigo left in them, maximizing wear between washings will result in better contrast.

my nikkis were basically in a near raw state, still very dark and the pink very vibrant. i wanted a good fade and if i would have washed them a lot they would be hella more faded but the contrast would not be as defined. compare the first picture with the picture of them after they were soaked and rinsed. that is 90%natural wear (the thighs were "scraped" and a few creases when new).

if you were to presoak a pair of lvc deadstock '47's to shrink them would you then wash them every week? i wouldn't.

i always break in all my jeans for as long as they can stand it before the first wash. and always hang to dry. and then wash only when it is necessary. thats just how ive always worn my jeans. i think it conditions the denim, so to speak.

ok, rant over.

Thin Finns are interesting but they are only for certain body types. They only look good if you wear them really tight, if you wear them loose they look like shit. I have actually been thinking of getting some TF Dry Black but I think I will get some Hobokens instead. But I am always looking for Dior Hommes...I hope I can track some down when I go to NYC.

im a big fan of the finns when worn tight. unique. i just wish nudie would do a raw non stretch in a 12-14 oz indigo. i'd be all over those. ive heard the 11oz stretch doesn't fade well and i have yet to see a good example of a well worn pair.

Exactly. Plus Thin Finn is just a cool name...Nudie is too fucking clever, it is like they suck you in, damn. I was told the Dry Blacks are quite a bit stiffer than the Dry Indigo Thin Finns.

the nudie names are clever yes. it's much easier buying jeans when they actually have names...ralf, sven, bjorn, jim, kim, john etc.

i just looked up the tjallamalla and you know what, JRs aren't quite as expensive as i thought. they're much worse on the kitchener.ch website, though.