Up a Bitch/Steez hotline: Step your style game up thread

dovo

you'll have to spend a lot of money on clothes before finding what's right for you.

have a wardrobe that fits into two suit cases and those can have only two kinds of things - stuff you'd never sell i.e. grails or don't mind throwing out after a season i.e. uniqlo underwear. some wise OG superfuturian told me once. maybe it was mass.

i'm coppin cheap mmm army sneakers from a secret place very soon, along with a new pair of cp achilles and a toj minimalist doublerider my style will become fulfilled until i can start achieving next level balla status.

just gonna cop acne stuff, i'm talking shirts of all sorts of textiles, jeans, sweats, etc., mostly off sales sections. auctions, sales etc is da way to go on lo budget, still keepin it somewhat high end. t-shirts, socks, underwear, tanktops i can just cop from h&m and aa. waaaaaaaaaaaah, the jawns game is a fun game if you ask me, can't wait till i'm done"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 maybe some levis vintage denim shirts and lumberjacks to wrap around my waist to steez around in while wearing sweats and wool hat beanies or sum shit

i'd say i'm an avant-gardist minimalist with focus on silhouette and street culture with small influences of danish working class culture and heritage >>>>>>i dunno lol<<<<<<<. trying to keep it mostly monochrome. can you get the picture???

Edited by felip

I could use some help from this thread.

I've saved about $1000USD to upgrade my wardrobe, but I can't decide on which direction to take with it.

I was primarily looking at AllSaints stuff because I can get a lot for money there and I already have a few pieces from them.

I bought this eg explorer jacket:

screenshot20111230at646.png

So I've been trying to think of what to buy to accomadate it as it is probably my best piece.

I also wanted to buy:

common-projects-vintage-bball-high-black-2-e1315117123867.jpg?w=500&h=306

But I'm not sure I have the right wardrobe for those.

Any help/advice is much appreciated as far as what to buy.

^ I love those sneakers but if you're upgrading, I'd just wait for the new editions releasing this Spring. They're achilles but in a different fabric and are only going to run approx. 130 USD retail. Even discounted, the bballs still might run you upwards of 300 USD after shipping and taxes and customs or whatever.

I'd say with your budget, you can probably cop a good half-dozen staple pieces that you can start to build a new wardrobe around. Another jacket perhaps or well-fitting pants/chinos/denim or those new edition CP's.

^ I love those sneakers but if you're upgrading, I'd just wait for the new editions releasing this Spring. They're achilles but in a different fabric and are only going to run approx. 130 USD retail. Even discounted, the bballs still might run you upwards of 300 USD after shipping and taxes and customs or whatever.

I'd say with your budget, you can probably cop a good half-dozen staple pieces that you can start to build a new wardrobe around. Another jacket perhaps or well-fitting pants/chinos/denim or those new edition CP's.

Damn $130 retail? Thanks for the heads up! Got a link on that at all?

I think I'm going to lurk around for some cheap eg/w+h stuff because that is what fits my current wardrobe best.

Edited by Wilbur

http://www.blog.tresbienshop.net/2011/11/new-line-from-common-projects-new.html

We booked multiples in these guys for our shop (Nomad) and are expecting almost the entire line. I will say it again although I hardly wear mine anymore: get a pair of w+h westpoint chinos. Great, casual slim fit, 4 different colours and you can build around them very easily. These never go on sale but are only 190ish.

Thank god cp is finally doing casual sneakers. I was finding it hard to incorporate all my formal sneakers into my wardrobe and kept thinking to myself " I wish these athletic shoes would embrace a more athletic aesthetic because they just aren't casual enough". Sometimes you don't want to look like youre playing in a black tie pick up game. You need that casual edge to your athletic shoe that let's other people know that, yes, I'm wearing sneakers, but no, it's not a big deal. Thank you common projects, you've truly made this gentlemans life easier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thinking about pulling the tigger on some white mountaineering leggings. huge step in my style, but truly believe I could pull them off layered under shorts. definitely gonna get alot of flack and weird looks around here.

I now have leather-like pants. Need proper footwear.

edit: no not the red thigh high pumps on that Rick James album. Fantastic album by the way.

Edited by Desi

guess ill just try harder.

Any suggestions? help? since this is supposed to be a help thread. Might as well put in a little more input

Edited by AYIYI

i just feel indifferent about that shorts-socks-cp combo?

they look good individually though.

don't take it too personally. this is coming from a guy who wears volcom jeans with adidas skate shoes.

kinda sucks that there's a global shortage of cool jawnz. everyone just buys random shit that looks "good" (or people think looks good) on the internet.

i guess the whole culture of sufu has shifted a lot (i'm not denying that i was a victim at one point). like someone mentioned earlier, people think the more expensive shit gets, the better it looks.

yeah, i think it's true to certain extent but because of this mentality, a lot of us have become too snobby and dismiss everything that's not object-dyed and made with skin of a 3-day old elk.

i think INCASE is case in point. though it's not the most baller thing out there, their products are well-made, stylish, and fun. I own a fair number of incase products now.

While I was in Paris, I bought some stuff from Sandro and other mid-level stuff from department stores like Printemps. I guess they are not super expensive but they fit well and I get compliments.

I rarely buy clothes in the states any more.Now every man including those testersterone-loaded, espn watching, ex-frat dudes are into "menswear" + are becoming increasingly more eager to spend money on clothes, a lot of stores seem to have become really conservative with their buys to cater to those kinds of people (also they can maximize profit this way). Now every "cool guy" boutique stocks the same exact generic shit. To me, every store in NYC seems to sell chinos, work boots, selvedge jeans and waxed canvas jackets. I've traveled a fair amount over the past couple years and have sort of realized that retail in the US is pretty much dead.

Edited by herpsky

not really feelin the colored leggings, those aren't wm right?

monochrome or solid tights would look better imo.

edit: beef san and moa had some dope fits.

yeah these are mens. I guess I should get a black pair. I have a gray/white pair coming in, so I guess the monochrome color would look better. I figured I should've used wider shorts. Maybe without the drop crotch? like some shorts made out of that looser sweat pants esque material? thanks for the help though, 'preciate it.

Maybe I should cop some black heattech joints.

Also do you think generally black or white hightops work with this kind of look? I was thinking about just getting some cheap AF1's (hi)

Essentially im trying to make my f/w casual look like this with a military green fishtail parka of some sort.

back to the drawing board!

Edited by AYIYI