My selvage Dior Hommes...

dismalfuture

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, so i want to get things straight. i'm going to new york tomorrow. i want a pair of dry diors (no selvage-- too expensive). i've read how the waist sizing on dior jeans is kind of weird. i wear a 33 in most jeans (earnest sewn, etc.) am i too big to wear dior jeans? i mean, i'm a size 33 waist and i'm 5'11", and i'm kind of under the impression that i have to be insanely skinny to pull them off. what do you think? what size in the diors would i need?

okay, so i want to get things straight. i'm going to new york tomorrow. i want a pair of dry diors (no selvage-- too expensive). i've read how the waist sizing on dior jeans is kind of weird. i wear a 33 in most jeans (earnest sewn, etc.) am i too big to wear dior jeans? i mean, i'm a size 33 waist and i'm 5'11", and i'm kind of under the impression that i have to be insanely skinny to pull them off. what do you think? what size in the diors would i need?

It depends how skinny your legs are. I have both the 21cms and 19cms (in size 32) and the 19cm are substantially skinnier. They were extraordinarily tight at first, but are getting a little bit better as they stretch. The 21cms fit really well -- they're very comfortable. They're definitely not baggy, but definitely not skintight.

hahaha

I'm a week into these jeans and I already want the black pair, fuck. Anyone have the corduroy or twill DH pants by any chance? Are they 21cm hems?

i ordered the black destroyed cords from saks in san francisco and i'll let you know when they come in. i really hope they are 19 and not 21.

Guest Fade to Black

If you're a 33 i'd say a 32 would work...they're still pretty slim at that size, relative to the proportion of your weight/height. Anything above that they fit like a pretty baggy slim jean if that makes sense.

Since we're also on the topic of Gucci, I find they cut their waists ridiculously big...i'm normally a 31, bordering on a 32 for most jeans if i want them slightly lower...in the Gucci orange overdyes I was wearing the slim cut model in a 46 and they were still falling off. Nice washed jeans though, wouldn't fuck with their raw denims since they're around the $295 mark, better options than that out there.

so i just got my diors in nyc. i ended up getting a size 33 in the 19 cm. the guy at the dior store said they were all out of the cheaper italian denim, but they did have the japanese. they were $295. so they're way below the price of the selvage ones. yet, they're more expensive than the $235 ones on eluxury.com. is that because the japanese denim is more expensive than the italian? or did i just get completely ripped off?

btw, the fit is AMAZING. a little tight, but they're already stretching.

Guest Fade to Black
so i just got my diors in nyc. i ended up getting a size 33 in the 19 cm. the guy at the dior store said they were all out of the cheaper italian denim, but they did have the japanese. they were $295. so they're way below the price of the selvage ones. yet, they're more expensive than the $235 ones on eluxury.com. is that because the japanese denim is more expensive than the italian? or did i just get completely ripped off?

btw, the fit is AMAZING. a little tight, but they're already stretching.

The $235 is for the Italian made model, which is more of a dark blue. $295 is the price of the Japanese-made model, which is done in the traditional indigo you see on most raw denim jeans around here, you didn't get ripped off.

The Japanese made raw denim seems to be of higher quality too, the indigo seems higher quality, denim fabric feels stiffer and the texture is slubbier.

I haven't seen the selvedge ones in person, on eluxury it says they're Italian made, anyone with both the Italian selvedge and regular Japanese model able to give a comparison of the denim quality?

The selvedge are Japanese too, I took a pic of the inside tag and think I posted on the first page of this thread, too lazy to check. I saw and tried both Japanese selvedge and non-selvedge at the store. The non-selvedge feels and looks just slightly better than the selvedge; a bit darker in color, a tad heavier and stiffer, and more texture to the hand. Apart from the fabric niggles, details are all the same.

i checked out the silver selvedge in browns and to be honest i dont think its worth the extra £££ it was £210 there and the denim to me didnt really feel of that much of a superior quality to the non selvedge japenese denim.I ended up getting black raw 19cms and i think i will be going back to get the same jean in indigo soon.such a nice pair of jeans

i own several pairs of dior, but haven't been tempted to buy raw until now.

question: if the i usually wear 28, would it make sense to go down to 27 for raw if the idea is to not wash them (i.e. no shrinking)? some of my 28s feel a fair bit looser after a few wears

so i got the cords in. they are 19cm, but i dont know why they are called destroyed. there isnt any ripping on, i guess destroyed just means faded.

45RPM and Blue in Greene are the best places to get your jeans hemmed, since they chainstitch, and BiG at the moment only hems the jeans they sell since I don't think they moved in their machine yet, so yeah, go there. $10 for a chainstitch hem.

• 6 months later...
^ Dude, don't bother. Korea is the most expensive place in the world to buy anything, particularly something like this. I paid 465,000W for them which at the exchange rate now is probably like US$500. Just buy some off eluxury or luisaviaroma. I can't because if I bought online I'd end up having to make up the difference at Korean customs making it useless for me, and I don't plan on going back to the US anytime soon.

If your dad has money to burn on you, then I guess rock out. The store is in the main Galleria department store, Apkujung-dong.

ha just felt something familiar, i was in gallaria DH last year. but i ended up with a blue waxed jeans in some random shop in apkujung dong! cost 600 000 W. they are crazy. but apkujung-dong hideing alot of shit thou. nice place!