hotels in Rekjavik

subhuman

I know this has been covered before but going to Rejkjavik end of August and wanted to know best places to stay. Would love to stay at Hotel 101 but going with a friend (NOT a partner) and apparently only single king/queen bed. But NYT says there is something called a "rolling cot" for a friend to sleep in also. can anyone shed light on this???

Also any other cool, interesting well priced hotel recommendations much appreciated.

Any cool, intriguing unique events happening in Rejkjavik at that time. Am a journalist for Dazed and Confused mag and would love to do something on the city!

thanks a lot

I know this has been covered before but going to Rejkjavik end of August and wanted to know best places to stay. Would love to stay at Hotel 101 but going with a friend (NOT a partner) and apparently only single king/queen bed. But NYT says there is something called a "rolling cot" for a friend to sleep in also. can anyone shed light on this???

Can't help you on the recommendations, but may I suggest that if you want to stay in Hotel 101, you suck it up and share a bed. It doesn't make you a queer batty boy, you know that right?

In regards to the cot, all hotels can bring in an extra cot for a small charge.....

Have a fun trip and take pictures of naked icelanders, preferably women......

i stayed at the 101 last summer. you gotta do it. iceland is $$$ so just suck it up and stay there. you will not regret it.

my room was 1 bed but it was a pretty decent sized room. the bed situation wouldn't freak me out as much as the doorless shower situation, haha.

seriously though, the location cannot be beaten and if you're going all the way there just sleep on the floor if you have to.

since youre going in like peak tourist season it might be hard to get a room in a guesthouse but it's worth looking into...as far as specific hotel recommendations i stayed in hotel klopp while i was there, and it was a super convenient location (seconds away from the most concentrated stretch of laugavegur). room was small but cheap (us$90 or something/night if i recall correctly, i went in the offseason though) and comfortable enough. really stay wherever you can afford thats closest to central rvk and youll be fine.