Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

img10084117728.jpeg

Nice site, detail photos, plus instructions on how to use the button-hook to do up the shoes!

Yeah those are quite fabulous. I bought a Dry Bones version awhile ago, not realizing that it was such an old school shoe. (more than 100 years ago, I think.)

dry_bones.jpg

The zipper really kills it for me. Although the quality is pretty good for a $250 shoe, I'm gonna have to step it up and get a real pair of these.

^^ that is how i dress. so the boots would go perfect. no, i seriously think those could go great with jeans or slacks/suit. i mean, they are pretty foppish, but i think they would be doable for sure. i just wish i could find some that are a) made before the turn of the century and B) not $700. I like the ones posted above but i agree that it's a no with the zipper.

EDIT: coleslaw beat me to it.

Sometime ago someone posted a pic of a pair of Alfred Sargent Castleton chukkas. In waxy leather, they were. Might anyone know where/if they can be had in NYC? Earlier today I stopped in Barney's. They didn't have them, so I asked a shoe salesman where I might find them locally. He didn't know, but after giving me the quick once-over to gauge how much I might spend (I hate that shit), he quickly tried to show me some styles. I said, "No thanks, I have these", pointing to the Alden chukkas on my feet.

He asked, "So, why do you want another pair then?" I said, "I don't, the Sargent's are different. Thanks, bye"- LOL.

I know these boots can be gotten through Pediwear, but I'd like to try them on first.

Sometime ago someone posted a pic of a pair of Alfred Sargent Castleton chukkas. In waxy leather, they were. Might anyone know where/if they can be had in NYC? Earlier today I stopped in Barney's. They didn't have them, so I asked a shoe salesman where I might find them locally. He didn't know, but after giving me the quick once-over to gauge how much I might spend (I hate that shit), he quickly tried to show me some styles. I said, "No thanks, I have these", pointing to the Alden chukkas on my feet.

He asked, "So, why do you want another pair then?" I said, "I don't, the Sargent's are different. Thanks, bye"- LOL.

I know these boots can be gotten through Pediwear, but I'd like to try them on first.

I dont know where they carry Alfred Sargent in NYC but pediwear has a pretty good return policy if you dont like them or they dont fit....

Hi Viv, these are really nice looking boots indeed. Sorry bit of a boot noob, but could you give me some more info on these, website, maybe online purchase etc. I have just got to the last page of this thread! Crazy, took a few months. Have been wearing some, what I think to be old Australian Army boots for the last few months. Will get some pic's when I can.

MOMA

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

being suede or nubuck or whatever they probably wont look better with age.

I dont know where they carry Alfred Sargent in NYC but pediwear has a pretty good return policy if you dont like them or they dont fit....

Thanks, Dunkin.

Anyone up on Shipton & Henage? They've got a USA online store, and they carry the boot at a fair price. Anyone ever deal with them?

what do you guys think, should i take my Redwing GT's with me on a cruise to Ensenada? Or will it be too hot? We're starting to hit 100s where I live already, so I'm wondering if i should just use the space for something else..

^The black Indies will not be cordo, but the same kind of leather the current base-model Indies are. Same sole, same lining, same stitching, etc. I have a pair on reserve too, just so I can try them on. Now that you remind me, I might go in an ask for updated info - they know me by now. I'll wear my Superleather Indies just to have something to talk about!