Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Do you have a pic of the heels, sideway?

Not yet, that picture is all I have at this point as that is what Greg emailed me. The boots are in the mail, and I will shoot some pictures as soon as I get them back.

how much did that job run you?

i love the indy boots but the only problem i have is the brown color...most of my outerwear is dark (black, navy etc) and would look odd with the indy color shoe...cordovan colors are nicer but is way too pricey for me

Through using various polishes, i have gotten my 405s closer to the brown cordovan color. Mine are only about 2 months old, but are just getting closer and closer to the color and fit i had hoped for. best boots ive ever owned.

so you guys wouldnt see any foul in wearing brown indy boots with a black leather jacket, navy peacoat or black m65??

my outfit of choice for the NYC winter has been 405s, cuffed Sugar Canes, and a black wool coat. looks great

how much did that job run you?

i love the indy boots but the only problem i have is the brown color...most of my outerwear is dark (black, navy etc) and would look odd with the indy color shoe...cordovan colors are nicer but is way too pricey for me

Through using various polishes, i have gotten my 405s closer to the brown cordovan color. Mine are only about 2 months old, but are just getting closer and closer to the color and fit i had hoped for. best boots ive ever owned.

so you guys wouldnt see any foul in wearing brown indy boots with a black leather jacket, navy peacoat or black m65??

my outfit of choice for the NYC winter has been 405s, cuffed Sugar Canes, and a black wool coat. looks great

i think mixing leather colors (brown shoes, black leather jacket) is a no no

brown shoes and a navy or black coat are ok though...not sure why...I guess as long as your shoes match your belt, you are home free...haha

i think mixing leather colors (brown shoes, black leather jacket) is a no no

brown shoes and a navy or black coat are ok though...not sure why...I guess as long as your shoes match your belt, you are home free...haha

I agree with Dunkin - I wouldn't mix leather outerwear colors, but with blue *wool* jackets, or blue or black *fabric* jackets, brown boots would look good. Most of my outerwear looks like the stuff on the Eastman/History Preservation site...

I agree with Dunkin - I wouldn't mix leather outerwear colors, but with blue *wool* jackets, or blue or black *fabric* jackets, brown boots would look good. Most of my outerwear looks like the stuff on the Eastman/History Preservation site...

Leather Soul has an "Ultimate Indy Boot" on order that will be coming in a color different from the standard brown calfskin, and a black calfskin. They are built to Alden New England standards, which are much higher and more refined than the normal Indy boots. This of course comes at a higher price point...a little over 400...in my opinion it is definitely worth consideration though.

Any idea how to get more information about this?

Leather Soul has an "Ultimate Indy Boot" on order that will be coming in a color different from the standard brown calfskin, and a black calfskin. They are built to Alden New England standards, which are much higher and more refined than the normal Indy boots. This of course comes at a higher price point...a little over 400...in my opinion it is definitely worth consideration though.

Any idea how to get more information about this?

Ultimate Indies - higher standard of construction ... Does that include leather lining instead of cotton; leather sole instead of rubber-cork? What else? I myself would love a cigar-brown calfskin. Alden's cigar shell color is priceless! Here it is next to the regular Indy color:

chukka.indy.gif

Ultimate Indies - higher standard of construction ... Does that include leather lining instead of cotton; leather sole instead of rubber-cork? What else?

The only detail I am positive about is leather lining instead of cotton. I think its pretty much a calf-skin Indy built with the same materials and to the same standards as the cordovan Indys or any of the cordovan boots for that matter.

The only detail I am positive about is leather lining instead of cotton. I think its pretty much a calf-skin Indy built with the same materials and to the same standards as the cordovan Indys or any of the cordovan boots for that matter.

The only other thing I remember was that the leather was a dark brown instead of the light orange-ish brown color that the standard Indys are.

Edit: dark brown meaning closer to the White's semi-dress brown than cigar.

alright, you made me look.

here's one with 45rpm umiis when they were brand new:

here are some with evisus, with modified soles:

IMG_1669.jpg

Crap.

I should have had that done.

My cobbler convinced me to get cats paws instead -_-.

Anyone else have this problem?

Who's this dude in NY that does such fantastic work?

I was thinking about dropping 380$ on the rugged pair, but

I guess I'll just have them resoled instead.

How can I contact this guy? And would he

put a set of vibram on? Whats his turn around etc....

Thanks

Adam

Who's this dude in NY that does such fantastic work?

There seems to be 2 places that do good work. One in Midtown and one down by Wall St.

The one in Midtown is:

Alex's Shoe Repair

49 E 44th St

New York, NY 10017

(212) 682-4579

The one on Wall St. is:

Minas Shoe Repair Inc.

67 Wall St

New York, NY 10005

(212) 938-0199

I have not used either one before, but these are the places that have been recommended on the forum.

Ain't Alden's, but I figured I'd share. Courtesy of Bill from Stronghold.

whitespackers.jpg

Those are great. I would love to see pictures with them being worn with jeans...I bet they look amazing with slim jeans.

whoa, are those water buffalos?

looks nice and comfy.

They are comfy. I believe they are the buffalo skins. I got them mainly for the color.

Those are great. I would love to see pictures with them being worn with jeans...I bet they look amazing with slim jeans.

Thanks, I will try to post some this weekend.

the thing is, i don't see what is so special about the pre-order indy's. they are made to a higher quality spec and use a different color? also, they have a commando sole (which i can have put on cheaply by my shoe guru). i don't know... seems like a big price jump for me. i asked them to give some examples of what the "Dark Brown Aniline Calf" looks like.

Basically the difference is the difference between the original Indy's (405) and any of Alden's regular dress line, such as any shell boot. The 405s have cotton linings, cheaper overall construction, cheaper materials such as sole/welting, and basically not made to the standards of the ANE line. That being said, the 405s are about $320-$350, while most calf ANE dress shoes are at $375 and boots are at $400+. Price is basically set by the cost so a $425 price point is not high, it's pretty standard. Alden of Carmel charges about the same if not more for it's calf boots.

Trust me, there will be a difference from these boots and the 405s. Anyone who bought a shell Indy from me can testify the difference in construction.

I went back in the thread and found what the Ultimate Indy boot specs were. Sounds like commando sole, leather lined, overall higher quality construction, and dark brown aniline calf.