Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I'll go with the Alden's. Easily found in the USA. They also have a less pointy toe. Also you gotta check out the C&J Skye's. (Find Greg's and Synthi's pics on this thread) I think they can do it in black too, but I don't think it comes standard like that.

Johnny 5, it all depends on how your leather is tanned, though all leather needs to be oiled to stay supple (except for maybe suede). Think of it as actual skin that needs moisturizing. Go through this thread and you'll find a lot of great recommendations.

Fuck, this page needs some pics…

C&J skye is not exactly inexpensive.... but it is the boot I desire the most in synthi's colour......

Let's have another look at that picture...cjskye5.jpg

I asked in the jermyn street shop and these will run you about £550

These are more expensive than he asked for, but I couldn't resist - my Crockett and Jones Skyes. Personally, I wouldn't go for the combination of brogeuing and a commando sole - but the leather though is great. They aren't as red as in the photos, much more golden brown. Sorry about that, it was just my bad lighting and white balance a few years ago....

skye.bags.gif

skye.front.good.gif

skye.69.gif

skye.sole.good.gif

skye.heel.big.gif

skye.heels.close.gif

For folks on a budget www.sierratradingpost.com has a lot of really nice shoes on closeout. The shoes change all the time. right now they have a couple of trickers dress shoes, frye boots, and tons of work boots. i would love to get those trickers brogues but they don't have my size (only downside is the sizes can sometimes be limited).

Hi Gents,

Can anyone tell me the specs of the Ultimate Indy's coming out of Leather Soul? I've done a forum search and not found a sausage.... I understand they have been made before so if there are any images flying around that would be great.

Some smashing leatherwear on show, just love Greg's creative streak.

So many reasons.

A good review doesn't necessarily have to be one that praises the product.

my 2 tone semi dress just came in the mail today from bill ( stronghold ) fine shoes i may say pics to follow in a while..

I saw the pair that Bill had on display at Stronghold. What was the wait time? I don't think i'll be going through Stronghold the next time I order a pair of Semi-dress. Not that they aren't good dudes, I just don't want to pay $440 for another pair of boots that I didn't order and I'd rather pay $100 less for them some where else.

different strokes for diff folks as i might say im going thru bill everytime i go wanna buy a pair of whites no doubt.. the service was 200% buddy and the box even has my name innit haha.. love it.. wait time was exactly 8 weeks

and here are they!

2373686139_dda4fc8cb8_m.jpg

2374516684_72a0038519_m.jpg

different strokes for diff folks as i might say im going thru bill everytime i go wanna buy a pair of whites no doubt.. the service was 200% buddy and the box even has my name innit haha.. love it.. wait time was exactly 8 weeks

The box had my name on it but the wrong boots inside. I was then told that my boots were found in another box that didn't have my name on it. Those boots just turned out being a pair of boots that Stronghold is now carrying in store. The difference between the boots that I ordered and the ones that were given to me was two speedhooks, which, in the end doesn't really make the difference. If I pay $440 I expect it to be what I paid that much money for.

On the other hand, Bill did me a solid by changing the material that my customs jeans were going to be made from. It was before they made it to the tailor so it wasn't like he started on them and had to change mid-sew.

Can anyone tell me the specs of the Ultimate Indy's coming out of Leather Soul? I've done a forum search and not found a sausage.... I understand they have been made before so if there are any images flying around that would be great.

See specs here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=914177&postcount=5816

They've never been made before and I don't think even a sample boot has ever been seen.

I think we're basically talking about this boot:

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Black_Indy_Boot_210.htm

made in this color:

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Brown_Wing_Tip_Boot_207.htm

Not sure if it'll have contrast stitching.

Cheers Amlai..... Next time I'll be a bit more thorough in my search!

Very nice indeed. Shame it's not to be a double leather sole, the commando doesn't seem quite right on such a dressy boot. I like the quality of of the Alden Carmel stuff a lot I just think they too readily use the commando sole.

Probably still get some mind.

Well, I too have fallen for the White's! Here are my just-arrived boots! 8 inch Smokejumpers, in two-tone roughout, brown lower quarters, black uppers, with the standard smokejumper vibram sole. I am delighted with them, and frankly, shocked at how comfortable they are, right out of the box!

whitessmoejumpersidesi2.jpg

whitessmokejumperfrontzr2.jpg

whitessmoejumpersoleyo2.jpg

Lol! Yeah, I actually have mountaineering boots for those epic adventures!

I just wanted a really rugged boot to wear for major work up at the cottage, that could also do double duty & look good with japanese denim!

I am so impressed with the fit and comfort of these. I am sure I will be eying the semi-dress next

I went through Tom Ramstead at Linegear (no personal interest) and was very happy with their support & cust service.