Cheap places to stay in Hong Kong

Hey i'm going to hong kong and i wanted to know of good places to stay with cheaper prices ie places that actually have bathrooms and what not but it doesn't have to be the four seasons. Would really appreciate suggestions. Thanks!!!!!!!! PS sorry if something similiar has been posted

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at the Metropole Hotel in Kowloon (where the SARS outbreak started!). Small rooms but relatively cheap and they do have a shuttle bus down to the Star Ferry so easy to get over to HK Island if you want. Star Ferry a must as really cheap (about 20p / 40cents). :D

Shanghai Tang is expensive and purely for the tourists, If you have the time (and money) visit Sam that Taylors instead - he's in the Burlington Arcade, 94 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui. Will take about 3 days to get a fully lined cashmere suit made at a fraction of the price you'd pay in London or New York. If "Sam" is in the shop and isn't the person serving you and you think the price is a bit steep, say so and he'll knock quite a bit off the price (I got £150 / $300 off the original price quoted for a cashmere trouser-suit in charcoal grey!!).

For cheap (but reasonably well made) clothes, try Giordano. A bit like the GAP chain but nice bright colours.

The markets are also worth a visit (there's loads of them). Cashmere is cheap and may not be "the real deal" as they say but looks OK and £12.50 ($25) for a cashmere cardigan isn't too much cash to part with!!

Have a great time!