Help me make a descision on buying cloak boots

masuerte

I'm thinking of buying these suckers... unfortunately I saw these after buying 2 Band of Outsiders shirts and diesel boots (from diffirent places). Basically what I am saying is that I'm way over my budget for this month and the only way I would break it is if these boots were "worth it" in terms of being versatile, making a fashion statement (without looking clownish) and stamina (I can wear this five years from now at least).

Now I know that the boot seems doomed according to my earlier principles... but a tempting factor (aside from being f*ckin' cool!) thats keeping the hope of a purchase alive is the fact that it's on sale (I'll tell you where once I've made a descision) for ~200.

Whadya think?

00120m1ca.th.jpg

uploaded image to imageshack

I'm gonna make this easy for you, by refreshing your memory:

012606h3cy.jpg

aren't those one of the best shit you've seen? Go get them before somebody does. $200 is hard to top, I know Barney's on sale was at close to $400, last I checked. That jacket is my favorite from the spring collection, unfortunately they only made that for the runway. But I scored something that looks like that at a vintage store.

Funny thing is... when I asked about this same deal to the styleforum.net peeps, I got a less enthusiastic answer... basically that men should never don slouchy boots. ^_^

Funny thing is... when I asked about this same deal to the styleforum.net peeps, I got a less enthusiastic answer... basically that men should never don slouchy boots. ^_^

Fuck them. Here's me a few months back in the winter. That was my everyday look, of course very inspired by that photo you posted

photo9my.jpg

Now you can listen to them and look like a librarian or be a badass and get the fun girls!!!

LOL, that's some great arguementative skills man.

I'm not exactly the super skinny type though, check my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/manifest_v/

d'you think it'll work with my silhouette?

Oh and as a way to hasten my descision I'll tell you where I checked 'em: Barneys on Rodeo Dr. in L.A.

Race ya'll there tomorra!

Nah you don't need to be super skinny, all you need is confidence and it seems like you have that based on the photos on flickr. You aren't on the chunky side either, just the average dude who eats and remains healthy, hahah. I was just defending the statement about wearing slouchy boots. Idk if you've seen mouko here wear those fucking amazing Undercover slouchy boots, but that is what I'm sayin'. Men can wear it, why not? You can rock that Cloak boots with just a plain roundneck shirt and pants. You're all set. That boots alone gives you the personality when you go out. Anyways hope it will turn out for whatever buying decision you make. In the end it's all about instinct. My basis for buying things is if I can wear this shit out of this store, then it means it's a smart buy. Good luck!

Thanks man, it's leather vintage I actually got it on sale, real inexpensive. I wish I had a better photo so you can check out the details. Now I'm really missing wearing it. I swear pretty punk girls stop me on the street when I'm in that outfit.

Hahah, vintage stores are just all about luck. It's either they fit you or not. That was really pure luck! Oh those aren't Dior's, just generic cut off wool gloves I've had for 2 winters already. LES has great vintage finds. Yes if you don't want girls all over you, stay away from those areas near the Parsons dorms hahaha!

Btw, you were looking for those vests I remember. We'll if you do live in NYC, go to Rag's a Gogo. 14th st between 7&8ave I think. One of the best shops for thrifiting.

Unfortunately I don't live in NYC...I will be going there soon. This one girl I know from around here stays in NYC for the summer for ballet and she has an apartment...I guess I am staying there. I live near shitty Cleveland, OH, there is only one nice boutique that has decent stuff aswell as a Saks. Also...are you talking crazy??? Who doesn't want girls all over them :D?

I'm thinking of buying these suckers... unfortunately I saw these after buying 2 Band of Outsiders shirts and diesel boots (from diffirent places). Basically what I am saying is that I'm way over my budget for this month and the only way I would break it is if these boots were "worth it" in terms of being versatile, making a fashion statement (without looking clownish) and stamina (I can wear this five years from now at least).

Now I know that the boot seems doomed according to my earlier principles... but a tempting factor (aside from being f*ckin' cool!) thats keeping the hope of a purchase alive is the fact that it's on sale (I'll tell you where once I've made a descision) for ~200.

Whadya think?

I would advise against getting them at full price as there are manby better choices in that range both in terms of built and design but for $200 I say go for it; experiment with different looks and if worst comes to worst (ie you don't like them or can't include them in your rotation) sell them on ebay.

As for asking about it on styleforum, I didn't see the thread but posters in the streetwear section (I"m one of them) tend to be less into hypebeast and scenester/hipster looks. You have to factor the different crowds when comparing the two forums.

not yet!! I was sidetracked by that damn j-crew sale. Freakin' eh man, I'm on styleforum too much.

DO NOT order them unless you can try them on. Cloak sizing is erratic - I heard people complain that they run two sizes larger than usual.