W)taps

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

w)taps doesn't ride the hype train like some other japanese brands (bathing ape, etc)...it's a pretty consistent label with quite minimal pieces. the vision is simple, military inspired clothing with very few graphics. however, the quality is excellent, from the distressing to the fabrics, to the packaging...the creator is the same cat that started neighborhood, and has recently created a new line...not sure of the name, but visited the store when i was last in japan...excellent stuff...hands down one of my favorite labels....however...very high price points.

Quote:

w)taps doesn't ride the hype train like some other japanese brands (bathing ape, etc)...it's a pretty consistent label with quite minimal pieces. the vision is simple, military inspired clothing with very few graphics. however, the quality is excellent, from the distressing to the fabrics, to the packaging...the creator is the same cat that started neighborhood, and has recently created a new line...not sure of the name, but visited the store when i was last in japan...excellent stuff...hands down one of my favorite labels....however...very high price points.

--- Original message by MyMindSpray on Feb 9, 2005 12:52 PM

Shinsuke Takizawa does NBHD. His buddy TET does W)Taps and the new line you're thinking of is SVG (The store next to Philosophy.)

If u were into W)Taps since the beginning u'd know that the brand is heavily based on iconography and graphic tees aswell as technical but not too technical military pieces. Price is actually similar to BAPE etc.

I put his brains all over the street sos u could see what he was just thinkin

Edited by Troop23 on Feb 9, 2005 at 04:27 PM

I get to Japan on a reg basis just to get the stuff. don't want it to be too widely available in the west or for every kid to start wearing it... won't go the way of bape coz its more tactile and branding is less obvious. thats part of the reason I've been liking it for all these years.

I never even met any 'heads' in Australia who even know how to pronounce it properly. hah, Supply in Sydney reckon they gonna get it but there like: "yeah, where getting double-u-taps in". Dicks. get some brand knowledge before you sell it.

I put his brains all over the street sos u could see what he was just thinkin