Which London neighborhoods should I try to get a hotel in?

superficial

• 2 weeks later...

-chelsea/Kings road - great people watching, coffee shops, bed and breakfast accomodations

-notting hill - good place to meet local hipsters

-south kensington - shopping

-bayswater road, near hyde park - really beautiful scenery, old buildings and classic hotels

-paddington - old transportation hub - some ethnic restaurants and hole in the wall eateries

Basically, I am partial to the western end of london, north and south of the park - all these neighborhoods are in that general vicinity. Less touristy, but still enough going on to keep busy.

• 1 month later...

Victoria... its cheap and the tube is right there, which gives you access to the rest of london. The place will probably be rather small, but your just sleeping there right? im a student and this is what we did in the fall. depends on what you want to get out of your hotel.

<center>All Served with White Rice and Choice of (1) Shrimp Toast, or (1) Spare Rib, or (2) Crabmeat Wonton, or (1) Egg Roll or (1) Soup </center>

• 2 weeks later...

if your budget is *really* tiny, you could consider looking into university housing... some of the city universities rent out their dorms at certain intervals throughout the year. relatively liveable, especially compared to a hostel, and usually quite central.

the decent shopping is usually done around:

- mayfair. the legendary saville row for tailored suits and fineries.

- covent garden. jones, a men's multi-shop, is usually a required stop... and paul smith, self-explanatory.

- knightsbridge, chelsea. skip harrod's unless you feel the need to indulge in tourist trap. try cutler & gross for optical & sunglass frames. hit the conran shop for furniture / lifestyle product.

- notting hill. i find the area overrated, but portobello road market (once weekly) is fun to dig around in.

- west end, oxford street. home to browns, london's best-regarded multi-shop, on south molton street. carnaby street has largely gone mass-market. liberty is a pretty funky department store.

- clerkenwell. lots of vintage shops, art galleries, and generally funky shit near the brick lane area.

selfridge's is my favorite department store in london. for a bar / restaurant / art space, you absolutely must check out sketch. off regent street, near oxford circus tube station. fantastic food and a really inspiring space.

enjoy your time in the big smoke!

if your budget is *really* tiny, you could consider looking into university housing... some of the city universities rent out their dorms at certain intervals throughout the year. relatively liveable, especially compared to a hostel, and usually quite central.

- covent garden. jones, a men's multi-shop, is usually a required stop... and paul smith, self-explanatory.

- knightsbridge, chelsea. skip harrod's unless you feel the need to indulge in tourist trap. try cutler & gross for optical & sunglass frames. hit the conran shop for furniture / lifestyle product.

- notting hill. i find the area overrated, but portobello road market (once weekly) is fun to dig around in.

- west end, oxford street. home to browns, london's best-regarded multi-shop, on south molton street. carnaby street has largely gone mass-market. liberty is a pretty funky department store.

- clerkenwell. lots of vintage shops, art galleries, and generally funky shit near the brick lane area.

selfridge's is my favorite department store in london. for a bar / restaurant / art space, you absolutely must check out sketch. off regent street, near oxford circus tube station. fantastic food and a really inspiring space.

may i recommend:

-gloria's: off aldgate east. sneaks. toys. clothes

-soho: FP, hideout, BWS

-wagamama's: get their chicken katsu kurry

-fabric: weird but fun

-monday nights at bar rumba: giles peterson set (does he still play there?)

-berwick street: music shops galore

-tate modern

-covent garden

a>

brick lane if you love curries... i know i do order a king prawn PHALicon_smile_wink.gif it wont be on the menu

pop to neals yard in covent garden go to ROUGH TRADE , which is just below skate city or sumit... best collection of new and up n coming and old collections of amazing music yourl love it....

for music, cargo in shorditch, infinity in mayfair just off saville row ( go there its closing down soon :( ... ehm button down disco on friday i think or satuday last one this week!

george tavern in whitechaple , ryhthm factory in whitechapel, camden for about 20 venues...including, KOKO aka camden palais, purple turtle, barfly, electric ballroom etc.. etc..

the PRIDE galleries pritty good, esterick gallery for modern italian art .. if your in the area you may as well visit MICROZINE a mini hardcore department store with limited edition of anything nonethe less very good in there..

blah blah SOHO.. blah blah ... notting hill DEATH DISCO aka Notting hill arts club ,alan Mcgees joint.. if your ther chek out the charity shops round there top NOTCH..and rough trades OTHER store which is worth a digs if your there..

dont care what anyone says just go to harrods they have some sick stuff there ( clothes wise)

filthy MCnasties go ther for a few drinks too,.. too many places to go out spoilt for choice and shopping... and art..food.. try the dirty cafes in hackney TOP notch.. or even a small tai place for.. a 3 course meal for £3.50 you get a drink with that too!... (mare street hackney)

east end is for snobs of art,fashion and music with cheap food in most places..some say its pretencious i think it just depends wher you go...its a pritty shit hole of marvel CHek IT