small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Any recommendations on a high rise casual non-pleated trouser? Have a pair of coming soon pants that fit amazingly but unfortunately havent come across a similar fit. Comfortable top block, tapered leg but not overly so.

You could send them to Luxire and have them make an identical pair, or change anything you might want to change, in pretty much any material you want (they have a shit-ton of fabrics, and if they dont already have something you like they are very accomodating in sourcing new stuff)

http://luxire.com/collections/home

Dope, do you have any experience with them? This is actually ideal considering I would be going for a different fabric, which may require altering the measurements a bit to account for the change in fabric weight and drape. If I do go with them I will be sure to post pics. Not expecting AAA quality for the price, but if the fit is same I will be happy. 

No personal experience, but they have an affiliate-thread on styleforum and the consensus seems to be that you get seriously well-made stuff to very fair prices, as long as you're very precise with what it is you want. It's mostly CM stuff posted in the thread since well, that's what most of their customers order, but they are as I said very accomodating and can do pretty much anything you want

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/12735#post_7390386 (a pretty nice jacket)

never had levis jeans in my whole life, hows does 511 fit at waist, im normally 29 or 30, wonder which one is should go with.

its red tab model, dunno if that change something 

thankzz

Given how many people Levi's work with in terms of production, every colorway could have different sizing inconsistencies, there must be somewhere you can try them on and see for yourself, otherwise it's best not to buy them

hey

can i get a fit check please (apologies for garbaggio quality pics)

i havent worn any slacks in a long time and i just got these off Y!J. Thing is, my thighs are way more muscular than i thought they were and i feel like these are cut too slim. You can see in the first pic that the zipper is visible cuz the fly curves a lil and there's some creasing or smth below the rise. i'm still comfy in them but the thigh area is p snug. what do?

7uEOH5ol.jpg

jksGNT2l.jpg

8hM4IMbl.jpg

Levis sizing is all over the place. I have a pair of 510s with a 29 waist that fits looser than the waist of my 511s in a 30. I'd say order a size down, but your best option would be to try on IRL, account for any stretching and go from there.

would a pair of made in japan levis run smaller? or is that all over the place too?

looking to buy a few CE pieces.. gonna order from the online store or bodega. will i get hammered by customs if i get em sent to the UK does anyone know?

Would size 42 Rick Island Dunks fit me based on this? I have wider feet so I normally have to compensate by sizing up, these sizes are based around that.

Docs US 10

Guidi 992 reverse cordovan EU 44.5

Vans US 10

Clarks Wallabee US 9.5

Nike US 9.5

Red Wing Postman US 9.5

Birkenstock EU 42

Thanks!

would a pair of made in japan levis run smaller? or is that all over the place too?

Can't say I've got experience with their MiJ stuff, but if the jeans are made anything like a lot of clothes for the Asian market Id expect them to run a bit smaller. Don't take my word on that though.

The Japanses made stuff is probably of a higher caliber in terms of construction so maybe they're more consistent/have less QC issues.

i got caught by customs, shipping some ce from bodega to europe. 

how much if you don't mind me asking?

I got charged Â£25 on a Â£150 fleece from Bodega. Strangely, I didn't get charged anything on the Â£175 bomber which I ordered directly from the Cav Empt web store. Might have just been a one off lucky thing though.

Would size 42 Rick Island Dunks fit me based on this? I have wider feet so I normally have to compensate by sizing up, these sizes are based around that.

Docs US 10

Guidi 992 reverse cordovan EU 44.5

Vans US 10

Clarks Wallabee US 9.5

Nike US 9.5

Red Wing Postman US 9.5

Birkenstock EU 42

Thanks!

no, i would at the very least get a 43

what brand makes nice distressed black slim denim? would prefer against saint laurent (cut isn't for me) and drkshdw (odd details and fit) otherwise open to opinions. 

I'm sure a lot of the Blackmeans/Labrat/Siva/etc brands would have the sort of stuff you're looking for

http://fuudobrain.shop-pro.jp/?pid=75767804

Don't really seem like the sort of thing that goes with Vis, EG or most of the other stuff you wear to be honest though

Edited by Trillsbury Deux Boy

I'm sure a lot of the Blackmeans/Labrat/Siva/etc brands would have the sort of stuff you're looking for

http://fuudobrain.shop-pro.jp/?pid=75767804

Don't really seem like the sort of thing that goes with Vis, EG or most of the other stuff you wear to be honest though

Thanks man. I'd agree, that is a little too aggressive for what I was looking for. It's hard to explain, I'm looking for somewhat of a middle ground between like a destroyed blackmeans denim and something like the max used cash. Vis did a nice damaged black jean this fall but it was so heavily washed it was light grey. Had it been darker I would be on board. Might just try to DIY something. 

Thanks man. I'd agree, that is a little too aggressive for what I was looking for. It's hard to explain, I'm looking for somewhat of a middle ground between like a destroyed blackmeans denim and something like the max used cash. Vis did a nice damaged black jean this fall but it was so heavily washed it was light grey. Had it been darker I would be on board. Might just try to DIY something. 

Yeah, just DIY a cheap pair with Sandpaper (razors distressing almost always looks shit imo) and just avoid really contrived false wear, like symmetrical blowouts on the knees like this

That said, I don't think pre-distressed denim or denim you distress yourself in a short span of time really looks good, unless it's entirely over the top (Siki Im Den Im for example), why not just wear your black jeans more until they actually need repairs?

is COS good/ great overall ?

im looking for a long overcoat in grey melange and there a raglan sleeve coat which is a melange of wool and alpaca, its on the europe store seem pretty good for the fit but iits like 300$+, i know nothing about the brand, seem like a expensive minimal zara hm ??

Edited by aymerikmd