How do u wear your cuffs???? 80s style makin a comeback

thelion1856

So how do peeps here cuff their jeans? This is the new trend here in southern california that i've been noticing. You might see some denim heads in downtown san diego bringing it back to the 80's. here is a 80's style cuff i did for an 80's party in the gaslamp.

thecuffs.jpg

i cuff one leg about 1/8 of an inch so fellow denimheads can gawk at the selvage, and leave the other one fully down. it also gives people the impression that you just got dressed are in a hurry to do something important, and makes it look like you have a sense of style (selvage and all) but you're not trying to shove it in people's face

i cuff one leg about 1/8 of an inch so fellow denimheads can gawk at the selvage, and leave the other one fully down. it also gives people the impression that you just got dressed are in a hurry to do something important, and makes it look like you have a sense of style (selvage and all) but you're not trying to shove it in people's face

idk why. but that made me giggle. no flame.

i have about an inch cuff. used to be bigger like 3? but i changed it. couldn't tell you why.

I Peg My Pants

So how exactly do you peg your pants? The first time I heard it mentioned was in some thread the other day. When I used to wear baggy pants I always hated how big the leg opening was, but I never really figured out a very good way around it, I'd kind of just cuff them and fold them over a bit and then roll the cuff up a bit more but it wasn't very reliable because they would usually come undone when I went skating.

Anyways I just fold mine up the size of the hem a couple times because my pants are too long, but I haven't washed them yet so I don't want to get them hemmed.

depends on the cut of the jean and the type of shoes:

bootcut with sneaks = 2" cuff

bootcut with boots = no cuff

straight leg with sneaks = 1" cuff

straight leg with boots = 3" cuff

taper with sneaks = no cuff

taper with boots = no cuff

So how exactly do you peg your pants? The first time I heard it mentioned was in some thread the other day. When I used to wear baggy pants I always hated how big the leg opening was, but I never really figured out a very good way around it, I'd kind of just cuff them and fold them over a bit and then roll the cuff up a bit more but it wasn't very reliable because they would usually come undone when I went skating.

Anyways I just fold mine up the size of the hem a couple times because my pants are too long, but I haven't washed them yet so I don't want to get them hemmed.

i was joking dude. pegging your pants was wack in gradeschool, and its wack today.

i was joking dude. pegging your pants was wack in gradeschool, and its wack today.

haha!

i am going with the bigger cuffs, only because my pants are way too long, got another week or so before i can have them hemmed. then i think i will also rock the selvedge style startmeup is doing, so if you see a kid in LA doing that. say hi

I tend to try and " rotate my cuffs " meaning I never keep them in the exact same place - move them in and out every few weeks so there is no permanent crease on the cuffline ..

SO I dont HAVE TO get them hemmed ..

usually just roll the cuff hemmed edge up - no selvage showing and then rock a double flipped 1.5 " cuff with boots and a double flipped 1" with sneaks when going out for a litttle rubbernecking session in public ..

Then back to barely flipped for daily wear

So how do peeps here cuff their jeans? This is the new trend here in southern california that i've been noticing. You might see some denim heads in downtown san diego bringing it back to the 80's. here is a 80's style cuff i did for an 80's party in the gaslamp.

thecuffs.jpg

80s style don't you mean 50s. http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1265/Mptv/1265/5689_0015.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0047677