superfuture

superfuture 5.0

hi there,

superfuture has been reconstructed.

yes. r - e - c - o - n - s - t - r - u - c - t - e - d.

no single pixel has been left unturned.

i can assure you fellow SUPERTALKER that e-v-e-r-y single ONE [1] of the 15,985,956 rows of superfuture database records have been individually viewed, assessed, and given the seal of approval by ME - your dear leader.

/////////////// having said that...

i'm slightly nervous about the fate that awaits our superfuture mothership.

/////////////// however...

this time around i have enormous faith that [the extreme amounts of money i have invested in] very competent and able technology companies will deliver a much improved supertalk on ALL levels.

/////////////// anyway...

once we get some more details on timelines and some screenshots we will post on this thread. we can then show you some of the features.

but. right now i gotta get back to checking the database.

wayne

yeh. well it will be greater news when we can actually see some live data in the goddamn test site. so far it is proving to be a bitch of a conversion. but once through that rather substantial hurdle we will be arrive in the new 5.0 super paradise where the super sun will shine for years to come.

Will there be more compatibility with iPhones/iPads? Like tapatalk or whatever? And something about an app right?

I'm anxious to see the changes/updates too. I just hope superfuture doesn't go down for days during the process.

btw. the crash last week had nothing at all to do with the new site. it was entirely hardware related on the server side. but extremely frustrating trying to sort it all out. i seriously felt like i was on a 72 hour marathon with a call center in mumbai.

just prior to relaunch, the site will be offline temporarily. but hey... i'm no server geek and have been doing this long enough to know that if shit can happen it will. but there is nothing we really need to be too terrified about. we have data backups galore!.

I'm anxious to see the changes/updates too. I just hope superfuture doesn't go down for days during the process.

roger that. zen zen chigau desu

heres hoping its nothing like the new styleforum

the new software we are running has a mobile skin, though there is a cost involved to run it, so to begin with we are only going to make it available to certain member groups while we monitor usage.

Will there be more compatibility with iPhones/iPads? Like tapatalk or whatever? And something about an app right?

lots of changes though we might only activate some of them after we settle into the new site rather than bombarding everyone with too much new stuff all at once.

we have the option to incorporate blogs, chat, mobile, facebook, twitter, likes on posts, etc etc.

generally the whole interface is smoother and everything works the way it was always supposed to. and no ker-plunk-i-ness like current supertalk.

of course, i have no doubt there will still be a riot no matter what we do.

hopefully we don't lose more people this time round. cant wait to see the changes.

I can't wait for the new site wayne!

I remember the shift to 4.0. As has been mentioned, it will only be a notice-able change for so long before it becomes 'normal'. Really excited about any new developments/changes.

So, when is this happening, I've seen it talked about in a couple of threads, is tonight the night?

um. no.

this was the crash note from the hosting company on todays outage.................

"...We have noticed an issue with a small number of our customers experiencing packet loss, our network engineers are working to fix this for you as soon as possible.

Thank you for you patience"

at least it seems like this is now sorted... but if it crashes again then this is the most likely cause. again it has nothing to do with the new site... [more on that later today.]

So, when is this happening, I've seen it talked about in a couple of threads, is tonight the night?

Damn. I was so certain that it was really happening this time.

I vote Wayne for interwebs president of the world.

i really thought it was 5.0 this time. it was saying even "new.superfuture.com" i think on my phones browser

Said that for me too on my computer.

superfuture 5.0 asks you for a username and password on every root page load! YES!

snapshot20111103094706.png

that's the pop-up window. happened only after i bumped my sales threads. :\

go 5.0 go!