Raw Selvage, Kevlar Motorcycle Jeans

Canuk

Oranswell - No gusset I'm afraid!

Jyoni - Thanks for the referral. Any help to spread the word is always graciously appreciated. I agree mostly with your comments around the appeal of the vintage features to the denim enthusiast. While I have no interest in making a product for the mass market, I am toying with the idea of introducing some styles with toned down features. What has worked in my favour, up to this point, is the absolute lack of any decent alternatives. A lot of brands are focusing on cheap product, using cheap denim and forgoing any thought to style (a very biased opinion, I'm aware). Maple is focused on offering a premium alternative.

ironheartfan123 - Thanks man!

I'm not sure it's cool to promote a sale here. If not, please advise, and I'll remove the post.

I'm currently running a promotion of 20% Off + Free Shipping Worldwide. More details available Here

maplefinal.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ha, I was about to post that myself. I guess now's as good a time as ever to order a pair!

Do we need to consider the armor padding in our measurements or is it safe to go TTS?

Thanks for your support! We've done our best to be true to size post shrink. So 34s will measure 34 inches, 32s will measure 32 inches etc..

Thanks for your support! We've done our best to be true to size post shrink. So 34s will measure 34 inches, 32s will measure 32 inches etc..

Cool, man. I ordered a pair in 32 then. My buddy went with 32 slim. I hope I don't regret my decision to go with the regular vs the slim!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my pair in today and they are awesome! The knee pads seem to be rotating inward a little bit so I'm not getting as much protection on the outside of my knee, but that shouldn't be a problem when riding. I took them out for about an hour and was very happy with them. The kevlar kept me warm.

As far as the fit goes, I dig 'em. It's a bit tight around the knee when riding, but otherwise okay. I wish there was a little bit of a taper past the knee, but maybe I should've tried for a slim cut and sized up on the waist.

Concerns: Bleeding indigo like crazy. Also I hope they don't shrink because the fit is perfect as is. I sized TTS 32.

I got my pair in today and they are awesome! The knee pads seem to be rotating inward a little bit so I'm not getting as much protection on the outside of my knee, but that shouldn't be a problem when riding. I took them out for about an hour and was very happy with them. The kevlar kept me warm.

As far as the fit goes, I dig 'em. It's a bit tight around the knee when riding, but otherwise okay. I wish there was a little bit of a taper past the knee, but maybe I should've tried for a slim cut and sized up on the waist.

Concerns: Bleeding indigo like crazy. Also I hope they don't shrink because the fit is perfect as is. I sized TTS 32.

Can you post some pics? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the slims (don't like the cinch and high rise on the 1944s). My fear is that if it fits me slim on the waist, the padding at the knee will be obvious. I don't want any pads to be apparent. If your buddy's slim fits came in, can you or him take a pick in those? I kinda want to compare the fit on an actual person since we are a similar size.

I'd also like to see some evo pics on this denim. . If you can help out with any of this Canuk, it'd be equally appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Ponyboy312

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting a review! I'm clearly not on here as often as I should be.

The slims would be a little smaller on the bottom leg. For instance the leg opening on 1941 - size 32 is 17 3/8 inches pre-shrink and the slims size 32 - 14 3/8 inches.

Yeah, they bleed if you don't rinse or shrink them. Obviously bleed less with wear.

Have you managed to get many miles in them yet?

Can you post some pics? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the slims (don't like the cinch and high rise on the 1944s). My fear is that if it fits me slim on the waist, the padding at the knee will be obvious. I don't want any pads to be apparent. If your buddy's slim fits came in, can you or him take a pick in those? I kinda want to compare the fit on an actual person since we are a similar size.

I'd also like to see some evo pics on this denim. . If you can help out with any of this Canuk, it'd be equally appreciated.

Thanks!

I've got a pair of 1941s that I've been wearing for a little over a year now. The only pics I have are with a sh!tty mobile phone. We're going to be doing some product shots of the slims fairly soon, so i'll see if I can slip them in. I think they look freaking gorgeous, but I may or may not have a biased opinion.

Interview with the maple founder at Denimhunters: http://denimhunters....otorcycle-jeans

I hope we get to see pictures of worn in Maples soon!

Thanks for posting this article. As above, I'll try to get some good pics up. For now, check these out.

These are somewhere between 6-8 months of wear no wash, no rinse. I wear my jeans pretty hard.

Although it appears as though the camera angle may be skewing the jeans, it's not. I'm fat!

The belt is from Side Winder Apparel.

20130121091105.jpg

20130121091009.jpg

• 1 month later...

Can you post some fit pics?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For those of you about to order, it doesn't state it on their page and finding his updates are damn near impossible but according to this link
http://www.maplemoto.com/pages/september-update

They are backordered and he has nothing in stock. So unless you want to wait months like some of his customers who has been getting let down month after month, don't purchase those jeans. I'm very pissed off right now that I ordered a pair and did not know it was back ordered, or was informed by Dave or any of his staff. Finding this out through someone on facebook is unacceptable.

Edited by WiLMan

For those of you about to order, it doesn't state it on their page and finding his updates are damn near impossible but according to this link

http://www.maplemoto.com/pages/september-update

They are backordered and he has nothing in stock. So unless you want to wait months like some of his customers who has been getting let down month after month, don't purchase those jeans. I'm very pissed off right now that I ordered a pair and did not know it was back ordered, or was informed by Dave or any of his staff. Finding this out through someone on facebook is unacceptable.

Just saw the video and I wonder...is he stoned?

Personally, I'd consider cancelling the order.  I've played the backorder game on a non-denim purchase years ago, the company kept kicking the can down the line, claiming I'd get my item "soon" or "next month."  Fuck that. 

Addendum: I made it through some more of the video and the founder, Dave F./Canuck, seems like he's transitioning Maple into a US-based company in LA...moving it from England.  You've gotta admire his commitment to quality and taking the steps to make sure his idea is executed right. 

So the Maples you (and anyone else who is waiting on a pair) will get are going to be Cone Mills denim sewn in LA rather than Kurabu Mills denim sewn in China.  I think he's moving the company in the right direction.  I don't need another pair of motorcycle jeans at this juncture as the season is ending.  However, if I'm able to step up to a cruiser next year, I will give them another look as I want to have a little more protection if I'm going to be touring. 

I'm hoping Dave comes back to the forum and posts some updated fade pics and some fit pics an macros of the new Cone Mills jeans he's rolling out late September/early October.

Edited by Ponyboy312