Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that is my biggest question about the 005's. Some of the pictures on here show them worn pretty tight. However I also saw a guy wearing them IRL and they wore a little bit looser, more like my RRDS.

My suspicion is that it really depends if people size down or not. I have a feeling that a lot of the pictures in this thread are of people who have sized down. I am a true 32-33" but I got my RRDS in 30" which streched out a bit and are perfect now. I'm thinking that if I got some 005's in 31" or 32" or even 33" they might fit a little looser, while also helping me wear them lower on my hips, which I prefer.

Any ideas from those who own them, esp. those who sized up?

Thanks.

I guess that is my biggest question about the 005's. Some of the pictures on here show them worn pretty tight. However I also saw a guy wearing them IRL and they wore a little bit looser, more like my RRDS.

My suspicion is that it really depends if people size down or not. I have a feeling that a lot of the pictures in this thread are of people who have sized down. I am a true 32-33" but I got my RRDS in 30" which streched out a bit and are perfect now. I'm thinking that if I got some 005's in 31" or 32" or even 33" they might fit a little looser, while also helping me wear them lower on my hips, which I prefer.

Any ideas from those who own them, esp. those who sized up?

Thanks.

These are(were, rather) my PBJs in 30. I usually wear a 28/29 in most other jeans, I can fit a APC NS 26. PBJ 30 are a little baggy for my taste, I'm trading these for PBJs in 28 from another SF member. I'll update my post with a fit comparison between the two.

Anyhow... pictureslolcast:

http://www.tehw00t.net/winq/IMG_5189.JPG

http://www.tehw00t.net/winq/IMG_5190.JPG

http://www.tehw00t.net/winq/IMG_5191.JPG

These are(were, rather) my PBJs in 30. I usually wear a 28/29 in most other jeans, I can fit a APC NS 26. PBJ 30 are a little baggy for my taste, I'm trading these for PBJs in 28 from another SF member. I'll update my post with a fit comparison between the two.

Anyhow... pictureslolcast:

http://www.tehw00t.net/winq/IMG_5189.JPG

http://www.tehw00t.net/winq/IMG_5190.JPG

http://www.tehw00t.net/winq/IMG_5191.JPG

These pictures look more like the fit I'm looking for compared to the others posted. I'm a true 32" or 33" so I'm thinking I should probably get a 31 or 32.

Now I just want to try the 5000vx when Selfedge opens and decide how much I like those and whether I should buy the PBJ or 5000vx.

As a 32/33, are you sure you wouldn't prefer to just go with the XX-003? We're probably built differently, but I'm a 32 and even the AI-001 is pretty damn tight in the thighs. I may not even fit inside a pair of 005 :P

BTW, they look awesome pacioli.

As a 32/33, are you sure you wouldn't prefer to just go with the XX-003? We're probably built differently, but I'm a 32 and even the AI-001 is pretty damn tight in the thighs. I may not even fit inside a pair of 005 :P

BTW, they look awesome pacioli.

I'm thinking the XX-005 because I really want a lower rise. I sized down in my RRDS but I think that if I wear my true size or even size up from my true size I can get the XX-005 to fit me how I want them to. Thoughts?

005 is a more flatering jean than the 003 in my opinion. i have very big thighs and i sized up one. they ended up fitting just fine. i think if i got my true size, they would have been too tight for me. also, because of the low rise, the waist is actually closer to your hips, so you will need a little more space.

if you have larger thighs or have big hips, i would size up one. if you are on the slim side, get your size. if you buy them from BiG, you can exchange them (as long as you don't soak them).

005 is a more flatering jean than the 003 in my opinion. i have very big thighs and i sized up one. they ended up fitting just fine. i think if i got my true size, they would have been too tight for me. also, because of the low rise, the waist is actually closer to your hips, so you will need a little more space.

if you have larger thighs or have big hips, i would size up one. if you are on the slim side, get your size. if you buy them from BiG, you can exchange them (as long as you don't soak them).

I'm not slim like people on here are slim but I'm definately not thick in the legs. I would say that I have "normal" thighs that have some muscle, while most people that have posted here I would consider have thin thighs. On the other hand, I've been told by some girls that I'm one of the few guys that actually has an ass (probably due to my running and crew/rowing 3 years ago).

After some more research I'm thinking that I'd need atleast a 32, and maybe a 33. Again, I am 32ish in the smallest part of my waist and 33 a bit lower.

Carl is right. I think that it is safe to assume that if you have decided to go for 005's than you pretty much want a low rise, slim fit. That's the kind of cut they are and that's what you'll get if you go with your correct waist size. If your waist measures 32", then get a 32 raw or one-wash. I bought the raw 32's from BiG, soaked them using the Samurai method, and they are now at tag size and fit perfectly (but tight). For anyone it helps, I am 5'11" 178lbs and muscled do to weightlifting. My waist is 31 hips 32 and thighs are 23".

Measurements (BiG method) POST-soak (size 32):

Waist – 32”

Front Rise – 9.5”

Back Rise – 13.5”

Upper Thigh – 22”

Knee – 17”

Hem – 17”

Inseam – 33”

Im a true 34" and I got my true size. I soaked my PBJ's yesterday and they shrank to tagged size, I was so afraid they would be too tight but I was able to button them up pretty effortlessly. Be warned the thighs did shrink a good amount but not enough for them to be uncomfortable for me. I'm 6'3" 195 lbs (pretty abnormal for an asian dude) with a fairly muscular lower body since I'm a regular weight lifter as well... I'll post exact measurements for you guys after my midterms =)

Carl is right. I think that it is safe to assume that if you have decided to go for 005's than you pretty much want a low rise, slim fit. That's the kind of cut they are and that's what you'll get if you go with your correct waist size. If your waist measures 32", then get a 32 raw or one-wash. I bought the raw 32's from BiG, soaked them using the Samurai method, and they are now at tag size and fit perfectly (but tight). For anyone it helps, I am 5'11" 178lbs and muscled do to weightlifting. My waist is 31 hips 32 and thighs are 23".

Measurements (BiG method) POST-soak (size 32):

Waist – 32â€

Front Rise – 9.5â€

Back Rise – 13.5â€

Upper Thigh – 22â€

Knee – 17â€

Hem – 17â€

Inseam – 33â€

Are those measurements right after soaking (before wearing and restreching) or are they after you've worn them and streached them a bit?

Co-sign to Carl. Get your usual size! I'm 6'2'' 195 and average/slim but not anorexic. My 33's fit perfect in the waist and have a nice slim but not unflatteringly tight fit. All in all a very well porpotioned cut I think!

people definetly make it too complicated. theres enough testimony here to elimante any questions about sizing. MY QUESTION is what other jeans have denim with similar qualities as the pbj's? Im refering to the softness and flexibility of the fabric. all my other raws are flexible to a point and then they are just constricting. im loving the pbj denim to death. The slubbiness is new to me but i like that as well. Please let me know some other options that are very similar if you know of any. THANKS

hey fatbobs, in my opinion there are two other denims that are similar. one is the oni denim. it is pretty much the same denim, but it has a little bit tighter weave. they both wear in a similar way, with maybe the oni being a little more extreme. the other denim which is close is the warehouse duckdigger denim, believe it or not. after a soak, it becomes pretty close--nice and slubby. the duckdiggers also wear in very, very nicely.

hey fatbob i've also been looking for slubby, slim fits too since the PBJ craze started up on here -- from what i've deduced, studio d'artisan (sd-103) and samarai (s0505xx) both have slim fits similar to the PBJ's and they are also slubby, maybe a little less so than PBJ's, but they def have a nice slubby texture from what i've seen.

hey fatbob i've also been looking for slubby, slim fits too since the PBJ craze started up on here -- from what i've deduced, studio d'artisan (sd-103) and samarai (s0505xx) both have slim fits similar to the PBJ's and they are also slubby, maybe a little less so than PBJ's, but they def have a nice slubby texture from what i've seen.

i wouldnt' consider sda's slubby

the 103's aren't really slubby. the s0505xxs are quite slubby.

both jeans are slim but not that similar to the 005, wider legs(sd103) and higher waist, tapering legs(s0505).