A.P.C. Rescue (Some Questions)

src0010

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the A.P.C. Rescue (Straight) but have a couple of questions. Going by the info over on style forums they recomeend the following in regard to APC sizing:

I you want a loose, but not baggy fit, size 1 size down from your true

waist. A.P.C. Rescues are sized even larger in the waist, and have a more

relaxed fit through the butt and thighs. Size down one more than above

for the same fits.

So I am going for a loose fit. Im a newbie and the only pair I have to compare cut / size to that I like is a pair of Ernest Sewn Hutch #21 (Zip Slim Bootcut) jeans I have that I really like.

I noramlly wear a size 36 (loose) / 34 (tight) so was thinking I should get a 34 for the A.P.C. Rescue (Straight) Jeans to get a loose feel. I don't have huge nor skinny legs....guess you would say average. Think this would be the correct size for me?

Thanks for the help!

As posted before, I also recently purchased the APC rescue line. Normally, I'm a 33/34 depending on the make, but was recommended a 31. I've been trying to break them in and noticed that the waistline will stretch but the fit on the thigh and legs are still intact as it still hugs my body line.

Perhaps at the end of two months a belt will be required.

Hope this helps.

Hi SRC,

I'm also a 36 when I want a comfortable fit and 34 when I want a tighter fit (I have a 36 size in RRDS, SC1947 & XX-003 and my GAPs are usually 34).

I've ordered an pair of APC Rescues in 35. They fit OK but I feel I could have sized down to 34 and still feel pretty comfortable. I suggest you take a 34 and not 35 like I did.

Hope this helps.

(P.S.: This should have gone to the APC thread),

Chipopo

Hi SRC,

I'm also a 36 when I want a comfortable fit and 34 when I want a tighter fit (I have a 36 size in RRDS, SC1947 & XX-003 and my GAPs are usually 34).

I've ordered an pair of APC Rescues in 35. They fit OK but I feel I could have sized down to 34 and still feel pretty comfortable. I suggest you take a 34 and not 35 like I did.

Hope this helps.

(P.S.: This should have gone to the APC thread),

Chipopo

Chipopo, thanks for the the advice! How do you like your APC Rescues compared to your other denim you mentioned?

(PS: Realize now this should have gone in the APC thread...Sorry)

Currently my favorite one is the Sugarcane 1947. The fit is kind of outdated ('47 style) but the overall look and feel of the jeans are really great. I'll be rotating them with my RRDS until the end of the summer.

I don't wear my Rescues much now (It's too hot and humid to wear RAW here...) but since they fit great and look VERY fashionable in a clean/sophisticated way I wear them when I go out on colder evenings. I will start wearing them in, next automn but I can say that they're great (fabric is nice but not as good as the japanese repros)

and if you're more interested in fit then they're for you.

Chipopo