some of my older jeans. I just feel like posting pics.

LordOak

I had these couped up in the closet for sometime. I pulled them out and decided to snap a few shots. nothing special here just some good old levis. these are all 517s one pair is an orange tab. Ive got nothing since these but slowly but surely is the way to play the game no?

15wf7dd.jpg

15wf9lc.jpg

15wfckg.jpg

dont min my dogs toy in the upper left corner of the first pic. haha

^ yes they were all worn in by me. the orange tabs were a little faded but no hard wear was put into them. it took about a year for each to get to that stage.

i just wish levis made jeans like that now. those are beautiful, but seeing how new stf turn out i wouldnt try it with them. or maybe they just need alot longer to get nice results, and high contrast is just a dream with modern levis.

how old are those jeans? made in usa?

the orange tab ones are USA made. the other 2 I think are the cut from about 10 years ago would be my guess. the 517 that is available now is terrible, I have actually stopped buying them all together. (well thats not true I just found a pair of orange tabs in almost ds condition that I will start wearing soon.)

right now I am in the middle of an experiment with a cheapo pair of rustlers. haha.

yes miz. the rigid. the cut that they use now is totally different from the jeans that I posted though. its much larger and the "flare" of them is a bit wider.

its very easy to find orange tab ones on ebay for cheap but I usually luck out and find a pair at the thrift stores in my area.

for some reason the 517s are way easier to find out here then 501s from the same era.

Im not the biggest fan of bootcut but I settle.

Im actually looking for a pair of 617s.

yes miz. the rigid. the cut that they use now is totally different from the jeans that I posted though. its much larger and the "flare" of them is a bit wider.

its very easy to find orange tab ones on ebay for cheap but I usually luck out and find a pair at the thrift stores in my area.

for some reason the 517s are way easier to find out here then 501s from the same era.

Im not the biggest fan of bootcut but I settle.

Im actually looking for a pair of 617s.

the rustler rigid is a great jean. only problem is, no rivets (i believe they can be riveted, but might be hard through the bartacks--you would need to take it to a good kick riveter), and the bagginess in the thigh. this can be corrected by resewing.

but, for the denim, it's not bad for $10. creases come very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Two weeks into working on a new pair of Rustler rigids. Agree with Mizanation that they crease quickly. They have stayed stiff and fading is developing. They fit me fine, not too loose in thigh, but I'm taller and heavier wearing a 34X36.

Those are the ones they have at Kmart/Walmart, right??