Uniqlo Raw Selvage Petition

mizanation

Ok, guys. Many of us, myself included, would like to purchase the famous Uniqlo Raw Selvage Jean. Unfortunately, they have discontinued it and it was only available in a few stores in Japan and the UK. We are talking about a high-quality raw selvage jean for less than $50.

Let's get Uniqlo to recontinue this jean. If you're with me, please sign the petition below. It's categorized under "civil rights and minorities" because affordable selvage denim is a civil right and we as denim junkies are a minority.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/uniqlo_raw/

ALSO,

don't forget to send them an email at:

[email protected]

and to write them a letter at:

UNIQLO USA, INC.

1114 Avenue of the Americas 41st floor

New York, NY 10036

Attn: Communications

If you want more info about the jeans, go here:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=3304

Thanks!

this isn't a flame or anything. but do these online petitions really work?

i signed it. just curious tho.

whatsup will,

well, i don't know if they work or not, but i do know that in japan, uniqlo is famous for listening to customer requests and feedback. i'm pretty sure if we show enough support in the states for the raw selvage jean, they will do something about it.

Okay, just to curb this trend before it starts: online petitions do not do jack-shiddly-diddly-fuck-all. It's not worth the time you spent making it, unfortunately (unless you really got some enjoyment out of it for some reason).

edit: I'm not trying to be a jerk, but, seriously: these are a waste of time, unfortunately.

yeah, but seriously, uniqlo is really big on customer feedback, unlike most american companies.

it was very easy for me to set up the online petition. it's even easier to take 10 seconds to sign it.

the alternative is a bunch of english speakers calling in to a japanese customer service line and that's just not going to work.

If they have good customer service and listen to requests, then what you should do is send them lots of letters, very often. And call them, often.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that online petitions have never had an effect on anything, ever.

they don't work if no one signs them.

btw, petitions can work, it doesn't matter if it's online or not.

if you don't think they work, that's fine. don't participate, just let the thread and petition die in peace.

in japan, petitions, polls and surveys are used all the time to communicate with corporations. so it's nothing new over there. an example is, a major instant ramen company collaborated with yahoo japan, using a survey to determine the flavor of a new ramen. 1,380,000 people responded.

they will listen to a petition, especially if it is from the U.S., which is a brand new market for them (two stores in Soho already, plus a new flagship store opening soon--they mean to stay here).

i think it's worth a try.

Guest Airjamie
a major instant ramen company collaborated with yahoo japan, using a survey to determine the flavor of a new ramen. 1,380,000 people responded.

Hahahahaha............................fucking ramen. Takes me back.

Minya is right, for the most part online petitions are super lame attempts at making companies do something highly illogical.

This isn't necessarily a bad idea, but don't hold your breath. Letters and such would hold more weight. Companies know that 100 letters asking for a product back means 100X more than 500 Online Petition signatures.

you and minya are right, we could send emails and letters (as well as sign the petition).

their email is:

[email protected]

their address is:

UNIQLO USA, INC.

1114 Avenue of the Americas 41st floor

New York, NY 10036

Attn: Communications

when we get more signatures, i am going to send them an email with a link to the petition.

thanks, guys. i think this is going to work....

What makes you want a pair of uniqlo's so badly?

i'm doing this because i think people should be able to buy a quality raw selvage jean at a reasonable price. currently, the entry level price is about $160. i think there should be something cheaper for people who don't have the means to buy $800 jomons, but want to be part of the community.

i know some people will think that having a $40 raw selvage jean would make the more expensive jeans seem less exclusive. however, i think that the more people are wearing raw selvage, the more people will know what makes an expensive jean special.