Just Soaked Samurai S510XX II, spin cycle okay?

MilSpex

haha. gate two is great. unfortunately, i dont get to go there often because i live quite a distance and im restricted from driving off base. its a great place to spot drunks in the morning.

but ya. the weather really sucks when it sucks and its really nice when its nice.

your japanese right? i really need to learn the language. the girls. oh the girls.

yeah, i'm actually japanese-american, born and raised over here. i learned japanese at home, and actually, funny enough, in college. now, since i married a japanese girl, my nihongo has gotten a lot better.

still can't read or write a goddam thing though.

man, red, you should definitely hang out in okinawa city. there are some great bars there, great people.

i think minya has gone yossarian (you know, when he edits the letters. that books fucking hilarious).

anyways, ill repost the missing post.

haha. you found me treasure. sorry. no scratch and sniff stickers. fresh out.

i think minya has gone yossarian (you know, when he edits the letters. that books fucking hilarious).

anyways, ill repost the missing post.

haha. you found me treasure. sorry. no scratch and sniff stickers. fresh out.

have you seen the movie? supposed to be really good.

is milspex even reading this thread anymore?

i have seen the movie-----sometimes i fear that the film will retroactively diminish my enjoyment of the novel, but this film only enhanced it.

this would seem to be up milspex's alley-------military novels/films, i mean

Catch 22? saw the movie. I dont read books. haha

Is Master`s technique bullshit?

my 510s dried already, gonna rock today. Very rigid due to my starch solution soak. Still extremely deep and dark color, didnt lose any indigo like you guys said I wouldnt. Some shrinkage but still loose like I like. Looking on target so far for the only jeans I`ll ever need. :8):

How about folding the jeans in half, then rolling it into a loose jelly roll so there's no creasing. Put it in one of those mesh laundry bags - the kind for washing delicate items - and washing and spin-cycling it that way?

If I fantasize correctly, 45RPM dries and stores their jeans rolled up, to give it 'personality'.

I might be wrong about 45RPM, and maybe Jelly Roll Jeans Washing is a bad idea. If I get shot down here, I'll punish myself by ordering something from coldrice :D

Jelly Roll Opinions?

How about folding the jeans in half, then rolling it into a loose jelly roll so there's no creasing. Put it in one of those mesh laundry bags - the kind for washing delicate items - and washing and spin-cycling it that way?

If I fantasize correctly, 45RPM dries and stores their jeans rolled up, to give it 'personality'.

I might be wrong about 45RPM, and maybe Jelly Roll Jeans Washing is a bad idea. If I get shot down here, I'll punish myself by ordering something from coldrice :D

Jelly Roll Opinions?

haha, the jelly roll method is a truly, truly horrible idea.

also, if you live in hawaii, a trip to tokyo is so cheap and quick, wouldn't it be better to go and try the jeans on yourself?

how much is the ticket?

summertime is always expensive. fall is a good time to go. you can find a ticket from new york to tokyo for around $500 sometimes. since hawaii is closer to japan and they have so many people going back and forth, i assume you could find something cheaper.

Sadly, ticket prices from Hawaii to Japan are about the same as from California. In fact, to fly from Maui to Oahu (it's only a 20 minute flight - about 80 miles) a roundtrip can cost upwards from $120.00, whereas flying from Maui to Las Vegas is currently running at $200 roundtrip. It's a big joke here in the islands that it's cheaper to go to Vegas than it is to island-hop and visit family :D

With the price of Japan denim, though, it might just be worth flying there to buy 5 or 6 pairs, along with other goodies!

Ah... so no go with the Jelly Roll Wash idea, eh? Then I'll go with the Samurai Master technique on my next laundry day :)

• 1 month later...
carefully line them along the inside of the washing machine for the spin cycle so that they don't get weird creasing

i wish i did that to my canes. i tried to carefully wash them because they were still a bit baggy and they eneded up having some creased lines all throughout the jeans. oh well yo win some you loose some.

• 6 months later...
Catch 22? saw the movie. I dont read books. haha

Is Master`s technique bullshit?

my 510s dried already, gonna rock today. Very rigid due to my starch solution soak. Still extremely deep and dark color, didnt lose any indigo like you guys said I wouldnt. Some shrinkage but still loose like I like. Looking on target so far for the only jeans I`ll ever need. :8):

pictures mofo! pictures!!! xD

• 1 year later...

OK, so spinning in the washing machine could be bad, but not always, and the tumble dryer is a huge no, no, but we have these big drying cupboards in our building, that just blows hot air in, while you hang your clothing on the racks inside... Any comments on that? Feels the same as hanging them in the sun. http://drdenimjeans.blogspot.com/

• 4 weeks later...
Hang around the washer until the spin starts and then open the door and take them out? Is that really that difficult to think up?

Handwash is good, either way is fine really...

Door locked. I did this the last time when I was living in a flat with my own washer.

Now the coin operated ones.. meh, it doesn't want to stop or open before it finishes spinning. Everything in there becomes an absolute mess.