Louis vuitton raw denim...not kidding.

startmeup

me, being the part time fashion whore i am, was on the lous vuitton website looking for a suit, when i came across these jeans. i phoned an associate at a store, who told me that they were unwashed. 2nd coming of Dior Homme, or washed up attempt at designer house street cred? me knows not for sure, but this be some fucked up shit.

Guest Fade to Black

Saw them at the store, denim quality is nothing special, kinda thin and a bit on the soft side as far as raw denim goes...i don't think these jeans would wear like your typical APC/Canes/etc...going with the rest of LV's collection, it seems like a bit of a dressier jean, probably should ideally remain dark and crisp, and be worn with some kind of safari jacket, loafers maybe...haha. Although I've seen a few people on the streets of HK wear their LV jeans with Bape t-shirt/Bapestas and such. LV also did a washed jean, no crazy whiskers or anything though just a medium blue wash with fading along the thigh down to the knee area. The back pocket logo's shape looks kinda like Antik's.

from what i saw in the catalogue, the cut on those doesn't look so great. Marc Jacobs has a hard time with jeans, it seems.

it's funny, because Jean Touitou points to MJ when asked to pick a brand that straddles quality and design effectively. i do agree however that marc by MJ jeans are a bit on the dubious side.

from what i saw in the catalogue, the cut on those doesn't look so great. Marc Jacobs has a hard time with jeans, it seems.

I saw some Marc Jacobs raw denim with sky blue selvedge at Gaysorn Plaza. Looked/felt nice but didn't try'em on. Went for around $325 USD. Any opinions/experiences out there on MJ denim?

Does anyone know who runs indigofan.com? Very nice pictures. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for a book with those pics.

no selvedge and no natural indigo does not a bad jean make. the construction and fit matters much more than that silly finished ending to the denim.

LV has done dry denim before, check out http://www.indigofan.com/indigofan/lv.html