My APC New Standards at 1.5 Month,What do ya think?

Guest denimfanatic

the back looks fine, the whole upper part of the jeans were sandpapered a little too much. The fading should be more subtle and more pronounced in the middle of the legs rather than the whole front side. you should think about how the different things in your pocket will interact with the jeans. When you bend your legs, does the lower left corner of the cell phone stick out more so than the lower right corner and the top? To have an even fade all the way around the phone in the front looks a little off. Try to blend a little bit more

Guest denimfanatic

thanks for the comments.but i agree with most of you.I did OD on the fading a lil,and it does look fake,but i had 2 do it. It was my destiny.

I hate to say it, but it's kind of frowned upon at SF to artificially fade your jeans. It just so happens that there's a lot of new members now (including me) who are kind of hopping on a raw denim bandwagon.

Anyways, you should starch your jeans first, to get some good creasing. Some people also like to soak them either to resize them, or to get the starch out, so that they can restarch them in a more natural-looking state. After your creases are well established, then fading with sandpaper will look a lot more natural.

Here are pics of my RRDS at 4 weeks. I did what I could, but they could always look better.

Guest denimfanatic

i used alot of starch on the apcs.the problem is that they are kinda baggy on me,and when they are baggy it is very difficult to accumlate those honeycombs.How would i be able 2 shrink them?

Guest denimfanatic

well,one of the reason i just sandpapered em is cause they were 2 baggy on me and whiskers and honeycombs were very difficult to attain,so i expiremented. But these are a sz 35, and i recently bought some STF 501s shrink to fit in a 32.So i sized down some.

Actually the baggier jeans are, the larger and lower your honeycombs will be, but they will still be there. If you want to rock them baggy, keep them baggy. If you want a smaller size, maybe try a warm water soak, otherwise cop a new pair and start over.

In terms of starching, if you say you starched them, I guess I can't really argue with you.

As for the existing pair, you can ask CMF how he fixed his, did a pretty good job on those RRLs. I would say right off the bat, you can't start sandpaper-ing the entire jean, that's like painting ceiling of the vatican with a 60ft roller. Take your time with it.

i used alot of starch on the apcs.the problem is that they are kinda baggy on me,and when they are baggy it is very difficult to accumlate those honeycombs.How would i be able 2 shrink them?

That's your problem. Don't think about accumulating whiskers and honeycombs. Just wear them. They look awfully horrendous the way they are right now.

Its clear that he really starched the crap out of them because he has the pinched look on the lines on the thighs. If I were you I would wear them to bed for a month and then start wearing them out again, but never starch and don't wash until the fade evens a bit.

i have had my new standards for about the same amount of time, and mine dont nearly show the wear and fading these do. when i first saw the picture i was shocked. after reading they were artificially distressed I understand.

my question for people who buy raw denim and then do all these things like starching, sandpapering, etc- why not just buy a pair of one wash or pre-distressed jeans?