okonomi

Movies that people like but which actually suck aka "classics" that shouldn't be classics

I'm gonna go ahead and say that by that logic, Avatar doesn't belong in here either.

BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT'S NOT TRUE.

disclaimer: I haven't actually seen Avatar, therefore I'm full of shit.

oh yes avatar did such great things for cinema like MAKING EVERY NEW MOVIE FUCKING 3D FUCK YOU JAMES CAMERON I FUCKING HATE YOUR OLD GUTS

avatar is average at best, and no one will be rushing to copy anything from it.

matrix on the other hand, changed what's possible within the action genre, combining it with (cod)philosophy and a very interesting high-concept premise.

Coming back to action, I think it redefined fight choreography and we take stuff like bullet time for granted now. That film changed a lot of shit man, more than i can articulate.

I will give you the fact that the matrix changed the action genre and affected culture.

I still think the movie sucked however.

The matrix was brilliant but i rather keep it to myself rather than overhype it and sound like a pretentious douchebag

American Psycho had it's points but all in all it's pretty shit

This is what I meant...

oh yes avatar did such great things for cinema like MAKING EVERY NEW MOVIE FUCKING 3D FUCK YOU JAMES CAMERON I FUCKING HATE YOUR OLD GUTS

I mean how does the Matrix suck?

I'll see you one blue toned, turn of the century, mind bending movie and raise you another: Donnie Darko. Certainly doesn't suck but nowhere near as good as people make it out to be.

Also Trainspotting fuck that movie.

The matrix was brilliant but i rather keep it to myself rather than overhype it and sound like a pretentious douchebag

American Psycho had it's points but all in all it's pretty shit

I think calling someone a douchebag for praising a movie that you like is a way douchier move than admitting publically than you like it. what the fuck kind of person are you?

Real talk though, Fern Gully is the fucking shit. One of the best movies around.

REAL TALK.

THAT lS ALL.

oh yeah fuck SAW, people who have seen more than the first one intentionally are a rare breed of idiot

anything from happy madison productions.. well besides maybe joe dirt (yeah its a horrible film but classic at least). the other 100 of them could fuck off though. recently saw grown ups, definitely the worst film i have ever seen. i couldn't believe how horrible it was.

avatar is average at best, and no one will be rushing to copy anything from it.

matrix on the other hand, changed what's possible within the action genre, combining it with (cod)philosophy and a very interesting high-concept premise.

Coming back to action, I think it redefined fight choreography and we take stuff like bullet time for granted now. That film changed a lot of shit man, more than i can articulate.

i actually like the matrix a lot, but it's just a rip off of a million different influences, like a tarantino movie.

lol i used to think oldboy was the greatest thing ever

i don't think park chan wook is all that too actually, i wouldn't recommend any of his movies except perhaps lady vengeance - and only then it's because of the cinematography.

lol i used to think oldboy was the greatest thing ever

i don't think park chan wook is all that too actually, i wouldn't recommend any of his movies except perhaps lady vengeance - and only then it's because of the cinematography.

i was just gonna say

fuck any park chan wook movie

and fuck kim ki duk too

fight club, gladiator x 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

I just re-watched Inception and I can confirm that it sucks. The only good bit was the ending.

Oldboy rules though!

Edited by okonomi

how could i forget this

only good thing is gary oldman

leon_poster.jpeg

Edited by mass

i gotta disagree with you there. I've agreed with nearly everything you've posted. not that one though. its a fantastic juxtaposition of child like fantasy and ultra violence.

ojh and fuck the dude who said gladiator. shit was boss.

Edited by akuma no uta

Oh my god Mass, you're right about Leon. I can't believe people fall for that kinda stuff.