Uniqlo One Wash Denim?

weirdnjfan1

I was wondering what the Uniqlo One Wash is like? I saw a pair the last time I was in the one in Menlo Park Mall and decide that I was going to pick up a pair before school starts up again. But before I do, I have a few questions.

1) First off the fit, I have a pair of H&M raw denim jeans and had to go up two sizes bigger than my normal waist, 29, should I worry about the streach factor at all or not.

2) Are they selvedge?

3) Can I wear them like raw denim, meaning not washing them for a few months?

Unless it says "Shuttle Denim" it's going to be a non-selvage denim. Most likely, the one wash you're talking about is this one:

http://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/uniqlo.htm

I have the same pair, and I find my pair pretty true to its size on its label, but it stretched out about an inch or two over the course of 6 months of semi-regular wear and one (more) wash.

I believe they're sanforized and they don't shrink when you wash them.

Just like in the link (keep hitting "next" at the bottom of the pages to see its aging process), you can wear them like raw denim and enjoy some fading. The cost performance is very good, but don't expect anything you might get from a true vintage denim or something.

If Ryu is looking at this thread, he might chime in, too.

No, no photos. Come to think of it, I haven't been wearing it lately because 1) I'm working on my APC NS and 2) I found out I got it one or two sizes too large for my liking now.

I could take some photos and post them for you one of these days, but there's really not a whole lot to look at. Because it's a little loose on me, there's very little honeycomb action. Just some fading and wears around pocket and stuff.

It's actually the pair that got me into "not washing" so it'll always have a special place in my heart, though.

i have a pair in 30 too

it's stretched to about 31.5 and that's with a pretty hefty belt on most all the time

they shrink back to about tag size for a few wears after a wash i've found

by the way, vagabond is one of the coolest shit, ever. can't wait for the next volume.

No, no photos. Come to think of it, I haven't been wearing it lately because 1) I'm working on my APC NS and 2) I found out I got it one or two sizes too large for my liking now.

I could take some photos and post them for you one of these days, but there's really not a whole lot to look at. Because it's a little loose on me, there's very little honeycomb action. Just some fading and wears around pocket and stuff.

It's actually the pair that got me into "not washing" so it'll always have a special place in my heart, though.

Well, it's a nice day in New York and thought I'll take some photos. Here's how my Uniqlo Ring Denim is looking. It has about 6 months of on and off wear and one wash after I went on a hike through woods with tons of poison ivys. As mentioned above, there's a long way to go, but it might just be on hold, for now.

front

IMG_0069.jpg

back

IMG_0071.jpg

closeup

IMG_0074.jpg

and yup, not selvage

IMG_0076.jpg

i like the way the hip atari are starting to look

it might be the light but yours look a little lighter than mine

did you hot wash them?

i've gotten caught in the rain twice with mine and had one cold handwash after a particularly drunken evening

i've been impressed with how well the denim holds the whiskers even after washing though

also vagabond is amazing

vying with ippo for favorite comic of all time

now that you mention it, it does look a lighter and brighter in these photos than the real thing. i warm washed it in a vertical loader, though, 'cause i was pretty afraid of getting poison ivy rash. so it might be lighter than yours anyways.

definitely you get a lot for the price, but it's on hold right now unless i gain some weight.

never heard of ippo. now i must go and find it. thanks.