Number (N)ine

herpsky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a "fake watch" would be a really nice idea. Since some brands are faked so often (BAPE, Supreme, Louis Vuitton), and some not so much (Visvim?), it really skews the buyer's eye as to what to look out for. If there was a forum or website where people could post fakes they've seen, where they were, etc. people would have a better idea what to look out for. Personally, I had no clue Number (N)ine was faked so much, and probably would've been much more easy to convince to buy a fake item were it not for my discerning eye (see above?).

I think a "fake watch" would be a really nice idea. Since some brands are faked so often (BAPE, Supreme, Louis Vuitton), and some not so much (Visvim?), it really skews the buyer's eye as to what to look out for. If there was a forum or website where people could post fakes they've seen, where they were, etc. people would have a better idea what to look out for. Personally, I had no clue Number (N)ine was faked so much, and probably would've been much more easy to convince to buy a fake item were it not for my discerning eye (see above?).

Ebay is also full of those Comme des Garcons Rolling Stones tees. You can see by the fake labels. The seller is from HK.

all that would really do is create better fakes

Tee shirts are usually pretty easy to spot based on the print quality, I still have trouble with cut and sew and some sneaker styles.

I would normally agree with that but the pics of the N(N) tees have quite a lot of detail on the prints and it looks spot on, don't know whether they've just photographed a real one or something.

Would actually be interested to see what one of these fakes actually looks like.

all that would really do is create better fakes

The point would be to inform people that a brand that usually isn't faked, has been. That way people could see how much a certain brand is faked, and, yes, while that might create the need for bootleggers to create better fakes, someone would spot them, and people would become more skeptical of the places where they're buying these pieces, and so on and so fourth.

Guest Fade to Black
Ebay is also full of those Comme des Garcons Rolling Stones tees. You can see by the fake labels. The seller is from HK.

These tees are pretty common in HK...I often wonder if the people I see wearing them got on real or fakes. I thought those tees were a pretty pointless exercise myself, one could just get a vintage tee or a customized AA one without the tacky 'cdg H+' on the lower right hand side of the shirt.

The outerwear for N(N)'s 'Noir' collection looks pretty amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fade to Black
Easiest way to spot fakes are still the price. Like that ebayseller Emily you asked about. Sellin Number Nine, Undercover and such for 15 bucks. I mean it is pretty obvious. The real fear is when they start doing realy good fakes and charge full price. Then it will be hard to spot over the net.

yeah this is starting to happen with Dior Homme tees...fakes going on eBay for prices of $100+...just looking at the tee itself it's impossible to detect it as a fake but once the pics of the silver tags show up then it's a giveaway...

I emailed one of the sellers on ebaY who was selling a bad N(N) 04 shirt which was so bad you know it was fake. I told him I was going to report it to ebaY. He replied that he got it from a warehouse in Japan (he's HK based) and said that it's not his fault but said "thanks for caring". That statement kills me! :D

also if you view the fake ebay tees side by side with a real pic(from conecpet shop or aceweb or something) you can see that the print is smaller (its quite easy to notice in the red tee with the skull in a suare)

Yea somtimes i do not understand what idiots these bootleggers are. They have the original and they are about to make a copy why dont nail it right? is not that its more expensive to do that print in another size. But thank god they are morons, just make it easier for honest people to see wich ones are fake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Lame legit check type question:

Do number nine tees come in plastic bags?

Also, NN tees sold in japan have stickers on back of the tags with sizing, price and etc

are the ones available overseas come with similar tags with stickers?

i was just looking at the following pics from ebay and wondering whether the tee was legit or not

P1020865.jpg

P1020871.jpg

P1020920.jpg

i never seem n9 in plastic bag before...(maybe rare?) cuz last year some Chinese fake did plastic bag. so i am pretty aware of that right now.

haha i purches twice in japan, tee price is around 8400 - 10200 yens depends on desgin...

Anti-war is also nice too..~~